“Convenient location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Convenient location”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed at the Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge for one night while traveling through Colorado, as we wanted to experience the natural hot springs. This hotel is directly across the street from the hot springs pool, which was very convenient. The hotel was pricey, but admission to the pool on both the days we checked in and out of the hotel was included, as was breakfast at the poolside grill. The breakfast was excellent - it included pretty much everything you would expect at a continental breakfast, plus you can order omelets, pancakes or waffles.
My only complaint about the hotel is that the room seemed a bit cramped. We had a double queen room with a balcony (the balcony had a drying rack for wet suits and towels - a nice touch), and the bathroom had a separate room with a sink, toilet and tub/shower, and then another larger sink area outside of that. We had 2 adults and 2 teens, so the bathroom set up was nice. The room itself, though, seemed crowded for all four of us.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I reserved a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. This was important to my husband and I since we have a 2 year old and would be spending the evening on the balcony of the hotel room. When I got there everyone had filled up the rooms and we were left with a basement patio.....not what I paid the premium price for.

In addition to the bait and switch with the balcony, customer service lacked. On our way out we had a hotel employee jump right in front of us with a cart of stuff while we were waiting for an elevator. We had luggage and several items and a toddler! Rude, just plain rude!!! This alone made me so angry I may never stay here again. The hotel's location is great, the rooms were pretty clean but small and the continental breakfast by the pool is really nice. If it weren't a hot time of year, I would much rather stay at the adjacent Hotel Colorado (historic site - no A/C).

Room Tip: If you need a room with a view....it is risky to stay here.
2 Thank Jen S
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed at the Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge for one night on our first day of a week long road trip around Colorado. We were very happy with the Hot Springs Lodge. We chose this hotel because it is across the street from the hot springs pool and entrance into the pool on the day you check in and the day you check our are included with your stay. We made use of the pool on both days and being able to walk across the street was very nice.

Check in is not until 4 pm, but you can go earlier to obtain your pool passes and swim until you check in. The hotel has designated parking that you access with your hotel key card, so it is very convenient. The hotel is clean and updated. We stayed in a standard 2 Queen bed room, and my only complaint is that the room felt very tiny and crowded. The rooms come with a refrigerator, microwave, table and chairs. For one night it was great, but if you were staying here for longer I would feel too cramped with 2 adults and 2 kids in a room.

Breakfast was included with our stay and it is across the street at the Grill at the pool. You could have all of the standard continental breakfast items plus omelettes, hash browns, and pancakes. It was a lot of food and a nice way to start off the morning.

We are planning to do another road trip next summer and will stay here again because of the great location.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We had a guaranteed reservation of a room with a balcony. We were given a room on the first floor (basement level) with a patio -- view of peoples feet walking by. The front dest explained that they should not have guaranteed a room with a balcony and our room was bigger anyway. On the way from the car to the room, through the parking garage, my very tall husband smacked his head on a concrete "box" hanging in one of the stalls. After he went to the front desk with the gash on his head, he got a "sorry" from the clerk. My husband suggested they put padding on the box before someone was seriously injured.
In the end, we got a phone call from the front desk suggesting we see a lifeguard about his injury. We also were given a small reduction in rate for the room.
The Hotel's website marketers have done an amazing job making an average hotel look like a fabulous spa. We won't return.

Room Tip: Do not expect luxury. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed, but not as nice as purported. Be su...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Susan A
Black Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My father-in-law booked my new wife and I a couple of nights at the lodge and a couple of spa appointments.

-The room was perfect. It had great beds, super-friendly staff, clean room, nice (if small) bathroom, and tons of stuff we didn't expect. (safe, fridge, balcony.)
-It also came with a $30 food voucher for the Brewpub. I don't drink, but the food was phenomenal!
-There was a FREE breakfast each morning. From gravy and biscuits to bagels and fruit. Anything you could want was there.
-There were also free pool passes each morning!

-The pool was super after a long day. It was swimmable at one end and soothingly boiling at the other. You basically have an olympic size, 3 ft deep hot tub and a comfortably warm, olympic size pool cheek-to-cheek!

The massage was excellent, if a little rough. The lavender bath while I watched hunting on tv was amazing. (Don't be proud guys, it's great!)

I loved the mountain man/native American theme of decor too!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bruce D
Eagle, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We left somewhat disappointed in our Lodge stay. We have frequented the pool on many visits and this time decided to stay at the lodge. It would have been nice to have been able to enter the pool a the exit directly accross the street from the lodge but you have to walk all the way around to the front of the pool building and stand in line with everyone else. The towels for the pool were awful. Small and very scratchy. I expected much better. We did not have a drying rack in our room and had to try and dry our swim suits on the chairs on our balcony. We have 3 kids and had to pay extra for a family deluxe room which was no bigger than any other hotel room i have stayed in. Very cramped for what we paid for. We also did not have enough towels or shampoo's/gel for 5 people for 2 days. I expected so much more for the price we had to pay for the family deluxe room. The room was beautiful and went along with a regular 2 bed room. I think I am disappointed most that we paid for a deluxe room and I could not see where the "deluxe" part came in. I was told that it was a little bigger to accomodate a roll out. The room was very cramped and I could not even imagine adding that to the room! Plus it was extra, of course. We did not get to use our pool passes the second day and I went to the front desk and explained that we had to leave and could not use them but there was nothing they were willing to do about that. Even after hearing about my other complaints first. The front desk at check in was very accomadating and nice. I was more than disappointed at check out. We will go to the pool again but will probably stay somewhere else unless I find a fabulous deal to make it worth it now that I know what I do.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a drying rack for your suits. Also make sure you ask for extra shampoo/gels to t...
1 Thank 070406
Edwardsville, Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. Got a family suite which was very nice. But both times we have stayed at this hotel we could not get our room very cool. We opened the windows at night to cool our room. Breakfast was good. Pool was great!

• Stayed July 2012