This hotel is located across the street from the Hot Springs pool and spa; as a part of the cost of the room there is free admission to the pool and a complimentary breakfast at the pool.
The pool is great but the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired; the breakfast offers a variety of food, such as omelets, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, fruit, etc but the problem is that the place is very disorganized and guests are required to place their orders at one window and then pick them up at another but there's more; when ordering an omelet you have to pick out your ingredients from various bowls at the order window and put them into a paper cup..interesting concept but basically unhealthy. It seems like forever to get the omelet too.
The rooms at the lodge are clean and large but a small bathroom; it had a refrigerator, safe, and large TV. It was clean but the balcony was tiny and while it was a room with a view the view was of the lawn as opposed to the beautiful mountains.
The cost was $257per night plus tax which was reasonable given it was high season and included breakfast and free admission to the hot pool.
The hotel had a bar but not restaurant which can be inconvenient as most of the better restaurants are across the bridge with the exception of the hotel next door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge completed a multi-million dollar renovation at the end of 2011, transforming 107 guestrooms into one of the top hotels in the Roaring Fork Valley. Enjoy the world's largest hot springs pool and Colorado's premier mineral springs resort. Guestroom rates include unlimited access to the hot springs pool and daily full hot breakfast. The lodge offers complimentary wi-fi internet access and secure gated parking. Our award winning Spa of the Rockies boasts a full service menu of facial and body treatments, massages, manicures and pedicures. The Poolside Grill, Athletic Club, and Sports Shop are additional amenities for our guests to enjoy. This history filled site was revered by the Ute Indians as a sacred place of healing. Today, guests from around the world visit Glenwood's favorite place for fun and healing! Come visit us at Colorado's premier mineral springs resort.This year, Glenwood Hot Springs celebrates 125 years! To mark this milestone occasion, the resort will be hosting a variety of events and activities throughout the year. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Glenwood Hot Springs Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Hot Springs Lodge Glenwood Springs Co
- Glenwood Springs Hot Springs
- Hot Springs Lodge And Pool
- Hot Springs Hotel And Pool
- Hot Springs Pool Glenwood