Pros: Staff, Quiet Rooms, Breakfast and Hot Springs Pool passes
The staff is top-notch. From the time of booking through the entire stay, they were very friendly and helpful. Checking our bike for secure storage was easy and fast.
Our room had a sliding glass door leading to a little grassy area. Even though it was a "walkout basement" type of area, it had a great garden-like view. It had great modern finishes and handy drying racks for swimwear. It was SO quiet that it seemed like we were the only family in the hotel!
The beds were great, with nice little reading lights built into the headboards. The linens were very inviting.
The pool was well-utilized, but being such a huge area, it did not feel crowded. The Sport Shop is convenient for last-minute items and has a great slection of swimwear and pool accessories.
Onsite parking was free and plentiful, with an access card to keep it limited to hotel guests only.
Cons: Reservation system, Fridge, Check-In
The online reservation system was a little confusing.I had to phone the hotel to complete my reservation.
Our mini fridge was not very cold and seemed a little unstable. An ice machine was located down the hall, so it was not a huge issue for us.
Check-in: 4PM seemed late for check-in. We arrived at 2pm, registered, and got pool passes, but had to wait in line again when we returned. An express check-in system would be appreciated.
Overall, it was a great stay in a fantastic location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge completed a multi-million dollar renovation at the end of 2011, transforming 107 guestrooms into one of the top hotels in the Roaring Fork Valley. Enjoy the world's largest hot springs pool and Colorado's premier mineral springs resort. Guestroom rates include unlimited access to the hot springs pool and daily full hot breakfast. The lodge offers complimentary wi-fi internet access and secure gated parking. Our award winning Spa of the Rockies boasts a full service menu of facial and body treatments, massages, manicures and pedicures. The Poolside Grill, Athletic Club, and Sports Shop are additional amenities for our guests to enjoy. This history filled site was revered by the Ute Indians as a sacred place of healing. Today, guests from around the world visit Glenwood's favorite place for fun and healing! Come visit us at Colorado's premier mineral springs resort.This year, Glenwood Hot Springs celebrates 125 years! To mark this milestone occasion, the resort will be hosting a variety of events and activities throughout the year. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Glenwood Hot Springs Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Glenwood Springs Hot Springs
- Hot Springs Lodge Glenwood Springs Co
- Hot Springs Lodge And Pool
- Hot Springs Hotel And Pool
- Hot Springs Pool Glenwood