“Great Family Place”

Glenwood Hot Springs Resort
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I love taking my family here every few months. They have never disappointment me. Nice clean rooms, GREAT hot springs pool. I love the breakfast that comes with the room. Went in the winter - we enjoy catching snowflakes while relaxing in the hot springs - how cool is that!
Will come again!

Room Tip: Best rooms in Glenwood Springs!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Disberger
Write a ReviewReviews (1,080)

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Everything is fine. Don't lose this. I have not stayed at the hotel, but I do think it can be worth, because the entrance to the pool is included. I was staying at other hotel to go to Aspen, so I paid to go to the pool.

Room Tip: I stayed only at the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rodrigobarros33
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hotel is newly renovated, which was sorely needed. The new rooms are comfy and spacious. A few requests for management when a family checks in. Make sure there are enough towels, and toiletries for a larger party. Also, where are the trash cans? In our large room there was one in the shower area and not the vanity--you have to wait to throw your trash away if someone is showering, and one near the desk. They have tea service in the evenings, a nice touch! But, I remember that the front desk had warm cookies when we returned from skiing! Missing that! the pool is the best perk of all! Soak to your hearts content! Thank you to the lovely front desk for your wonderful dispositions, much improved from the past. You're well informed and cheerful, even when some of your guests are not! Parking is a breeze. Location is perfect! Breakfast is inconveniently located at the pool, but hearty and delicious, so worth the trip. Thank you, and we will be seeing you again shortly.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sojournarita
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I looked long and hard for the best place to stay in Glenwood and the Hot Springs Lodge was it for our family of four. I got a slight AAA discount that helped with the price - but since the room price includes a hot breakfast, passes to the hot springs pool (even on the day of checkout), free parking and free internet - we felt like we got a great deal. We had a room on the north side - so no view but the room was slightly cheaper.
The room was on the small side but fine for a family of four. Would be tight with five. There was a large closet, microwave and frig. I feel like the room was very well set up to make the most of the space. We spend lots of time every day in the hot springs pool and there were four hooks in the bathroom that were perfect for hanging our damp swim suits.
The lobby was comfortable and since my family rises at different times, us early risers went down to the lobby in the mornings and enjoyed free coffee, tea, & hot chocolate & read til the others woke up.
One things folks should know (especially if you go in the winter) is that there is a short walk from the lodge to the pool and grill (where breakfast is served). We found that out by reading reviews so we were prepared for the trek to and from and it was never a problem. You can check out the walk by looking at the pool's webcam and panning over to the lodge.
There is a locker room at the pool w/ lockers for 50cents. We showered there most days.
If you stay at the lodge, you can use the athletic club for an additional $10/day. I did that once and enjoyed the benefit of the very nice locker rooms, showers and big fluffy towels. If I had been interested in working out there, it would have been a nice deal - I had fun doing it once just as a treat to myself.
Everyone at the lodge was helpful and friendly - we even added an extra day b/c we were enjoying the area so much. We walked to dinner every night over the lovely pedestrian bridge and I went on several great hikes straight from the lodge. Such a beautiful area! I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lets327
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel upon the recommendation of a co-worker who loves to vacation in Glenwood Springs. The hotel was modern, clean, quiet, comfortable and within walking distance to restaraunts and entertainment. The hot springs and Spa of the Rockies across the street helped make this stay. We highly recommend this lodge.

Room Tip: There are great views from the forward facing rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank April M
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Glenwood Springs is such an enjoyable attraction, full of history. We absolutely adore going in the dead of winter. The spa is wonderfully appointed. The problem is the hotel portion. You might as well be staying at a Motel 6. Dated furnishing, everything is square, the mattresses are ancient and hard as a rock- and anytime you ask for assistance their first answer is always no. I'd rather stay at one of the other hotels, to be honest, as the lodging is a decent walk anyway. We won't be back, other than maybe for the spa.

Room Tip: Facing south on the upper level is a great view of the canyon
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank David M
Reviewed 17 December 2013

If you want to just get away for a weekend and forget about the stress of life then hit Glenwood Springs up... We went for my 25th birthday celebration and just getting away from the stress of my job and relaxing in the pool surrounded by the Rockies.... It was beautiful, relaxing and perfect in every way.

• Stayed: December 2013
layala10, Lodge Manager at Glenwood Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for sharing your birthday celebration with us! We are delighted you chose Glenwood Hot Springs to get away and relax! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and wish you a year full of happiness. We hope to see you again for many more future celebrations.

Happy Holidays!