I did lots of research for hotels in Glenwood on Tripadvisor before I booked. I read plenty of the comments regarding this hotel, and most were very helpful.
For us, I'm really glad this is where we chose to stay. We had the Red Mountain Suite. It was a king size bed, (YES) in a separate bedroom. There was a living area with a queen pull out sofa. We were traveling with two school age kids, and so the separate sleeping rooms were great. The rate was not cheap, but considering the room, the free breakfast each morning, PLUS the pool tickets, we felt it was a justified rate. The room was very clean and had the usual amenities, plus a microwave and refrigerator.
Glenwood is a very good town for walking. The locations of most of the hotels are close to either the hot springs, or the downtown area, both a short walk from each other via the pedestrian bridge. The walk from the hot springs to the hotel was quick. This is also where breakfast was served. Breakfast was delicious each day with plenty of offerings. It's also a quick walk from the hotel to the bridge to downtown, which is where we ate dinner most nights.
The staff was very pleasant and efficient. They even called prior to our stay to see if we needed anything prior to our arrival. They also sent a confirmation email several days before check out as well. I like the reminders! Great place to stay, with or without kids!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge completed a multi-million dollar renovation at the end of 2011, transforming 107 guestrooms into one of the top hotels in the Roaring Fork Valley. Enjoy the world's largest hot springs pool and Colorado's premier mineral springs resort. Guestroom rates include unlimited access to the hot springs pool and daily full hot breakfast. The lodge offers complimentary wi-fi internet access and secure gated parking. Our award winning Spa of the Rockies boasts a full service menu of facial and body treatments, massages, manicures and pedicures. The Poolside Grill, Athletic Club, and Sports Shop are additional amenities for our guests to enjoy. This history filled site was revered by the Ute Indians as a sacred place of healing. Today, guests from around the world visit Glenwood's favorite place for fun and healing! Come visit us at Colorado's premier mineral springs resort.This year, Glenwood Hot Springs celebrates 125 years! To mark this milestone occasion, the resort will be hosting a variety of events and activities throughout the year. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Glenwood Hot Springs Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Glenwood Springs Hot Springs
- Hot Springs Lodge Glenwood Springs Co
- Hot Springs Lodge And Pool
- Hot Springs Hotel And Pool
- Hot Springs Pool Glenwood