“Could be better”

Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Montrose, CO
“Could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed here on Saturday, January 11, 2014 for one night.

The check-in process was quite easy. I was the only one there so it didn't take very long. My boss had actually reserved the room for the wrong night and the desk attendant Jason was understanding and fixed the issue right away. He was a pleasure to work with.

I had parked in the covered area by the front desk to check-in and was disappointed when I had to pull into the parking lot. I was thankful that I have 4 wheel drive as they must not own a plow. I had to step over a large snow berm in order to get to the sidewalk. It seemed dangerous as there was ice under the snow and I nearly slipped a few times getting my luggage out of my truck. I was there all day Sunday and never once saw anyone shoveling the sidewalks and it was snowing all day. Maybe they have an issue with a lazy maintenance person or none at all.

The room was basic, but comfortable. I slept well. The hotel could use an update. I did see that my room had a brand new television, it would be nice if they updated the rest. The handbook in the room is not up to date. I went downstairs at 10:00am to eat breakfast and was turned away by the attendant. She told me they stop breakfast at 10:00am, but the handbook in the room said that on Sundays breakfast is until noon. The attendant sent me to Village Inn next door for breakfast and I gotta say, it was very good. I was also told by Jason at the front desk that check-out was noon, but the handbook said 11:00am.

All in all, I would probably stay here again for the price, but I would price check other places first and if they were better I would not stay at the Ramada.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Grand Junction, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Received a non smoking room - stunk bad of smoke. Wallpaper was pealing off the wall. I checked in with a total of four (2 adults and 2 kids) and they had only 3 towels in the room - no problem i will just ask for another. Front desk clerk said that he did not have any more towels and said he could not even give me a extra hand towel. Beds were quite uncomfortable. Seemed like we received the worst room in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Glenwood Springs hotels

Grand Junction, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We went to the Ramada in 2012 for a night during our honeymoon and we really liked the place. We thought it was really nice. However, we went back this year for our 1 year anniversary and we're sorely disappointed. The hot tub was too hot to really be in and was extremely gross looking. The first floor smelled like nursing home, the elevator smelled like urine, and the rest of the hotel just smelled bad. The first floor halls were packed with new furniture. The cheesecake was dry. The front desk staff lacked a friendly demeanor. The room thermostat didn't work- we turned the temp down to 55 and the room stayed extremely uncomfortable hot all night. The sheets came off the mattress and it showed a stained, disgusting mess.

I was pleased that the bartender from last year saw us and remembered us and was extremely friendly. This years bartender was also very nice.

I was sad to see how poor the hotel was and will not be returning next year.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed over New Years and this has potential to be a nice hotel but carpet coming up. Fireplaces that are not usable. Need to convert to gas if can not burn wood. Staff was rude. Told I can't help you as I am getting close to end of shift. Had no clue of happenings around Glenwood. Told of a DJ playing at a place and paid 20 in taxi to go only to find out was manager of hotel and staff did not even mention a bar and entertainment on bottom floor of hotel. Can not see from lobby. We did have a couple friendly and helpful people out driver from amtrak and a middle aged woman at the front desk. Would not stay here again.

Stayed January 2014
Palisade, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Okay in the summer, so cold in the winter HVAC is shot. Location is fantastic so I guess that is worth it I guess. WIFI is free but it never works and the indoor pool is good but you can smell it everywhere. 3 stars? maybe 1.5