“Quick overnight”

Ramada Glenwood Springs
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The place was very run down. They are in the process of renovating the rooms. The bar and restaurant seemed very neglected in many ways, we chose not to eat there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
There are newer reviews for Ramada Glenwood Springs

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was really scared that this place would be a dump after seeing so many terrible ratings on TA, but it wasn’t bad at all. The mattresses were brand new pillow tops, I even saw the old ones piled up outside. The room was clean and comfortable. The tub had Jacuzzi jets but they looked kind of nasty so I stuck with the shower. I didn’t use the gym or pool but I took look. They advertise the gym as an “Exclusive Health Club”, but it was a regular small hotel size gym—nothing special. There was a small pool and a hot tub, but I was there for the hot spring so I didn’t really care. We checked in at around 1:30 in the morning and it sounded like there was a party scene or something going on downstairs but I was tired and didn’t investigate. That same night a couple was having a loud domestic battle across the hall from us at 2 or 3 in the morning. We called the front desk and they came up and asked them to quiet down and they did but you could still hear them.

The room had a coffee machine and a refrigerator but no microwave. The front desk had a microwave behind the desk were kind enough to warm some stuff up for us. There was coffee and tea in the room when we checked in but the next day housekeeping only left coffee and no tea. Housekeeping also left our toilet paper roll empty and did not leave us a full set of soap and toiletries the next day, other than that they did a decent job of making the room.

I was expecting to pay $10 pp for breakfast but was delighted to find out that it is now complimentary. The breakfast is only a tiny bit better than what you get free at most hotels so I would have been really disappointed to have paid $10 for it. On our first day there was scrambled eggs, with and without ham, yogurt, fruit pieces, fruit salad, make your own waffles, Danish, oatmeal, 3 types of cereal plus granola, raisins, juice and coffee. The next day there was an omelet station and home fries instead of scrambled eggs and also bagels and toast that weren’t there the day before. I am pretty sure that they use powdered eggs for the omelets and scrambled eggs. They mentioned that omelets are only served on days when there are fewer than 100 guests. There was no tea at or hot chocolate at breakfast, but when I asked for hot water and a tea bag they found some for me. They use real plates and glasses instead of paper and will bus your table for you.

The lobby had a fire place and a computer seemed like a comfortable place to chill out, but there was no coffee in the lobby like some places have. There were also pool tables available on the lower floor.

On Sunday there was taco bar downstairs. $5 pp all you can eat for ground beef, taco shells and toppings, no one was there when I checked it out and it didn’t look bad but it didn’t look good either. I suppose it could be an ok deal but there are better options. The was a Chipotle across the street, Village Inn on one side and Tequila Mexican Restaurant o the other side, so plenty of food choices without needing to go anywhere.

So, in conclusion, I was happy with my stay but these are the recommendations that I would make to bring my rating up to very good:

1) put microwaves in the rooms or at least make one available for use downstairs.
2) have coffee and tea available in the lobby for free.
3) Add tea and hot chocolate to the breakfast buffet
4) Make sure to refill tea, coffee, paper products, and toiletries when the rooms are made

Kudos on making breakfast free. This should make you more competitive with nearby properties.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed here on Saturday, January 11, 2014 for one night.

The check-in process was quite easy. I was the only one there so it didn't take very long. My boss had actually reserved the room for the wrong night and the desk attendant Jason was understanding and fixed the issue right away. He was a pleasure to work with.

I had parked in the covered area by the front desk to check-in and was disappointed when I had to pull into the parking lot. I was thankful that I have 4 wheel drive as they must not own a plow. I had to step over a large snow berm in order to get to the sidewalk. It seemed dangerous as there was ice under the snow and I nearly slipped a few times getting my luggage out of my truck. I was there all day Sunday and never once saw anyone shoveling the sidewalks and it was snowing all day. Maybe they have an issue with a lazy maintenance person or none at all.

The room was basic, but comfortable. I slept well. The hotel could use an update. I did see that my room had a brand new television, it would be nice if they updated the rest. The handbook in the room is not up to date. I went downstairs at 10:00am to eat breakfast and was turned away by the attendant. She told me they stop breakfast at 10:00am, but the handbook in the room said that on Sundays breakfast is until noon. The attendant sent me to Village Inn next door for breakfast and I gotta say, it was very good. I was also told by Jason at the front desk that check-out was noon, but the handbook said 11:00am.

All in all, I would probably stay here again for the price, but I would price check other places first and if they were better I would not stay at the Ramada.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Received a non smoking room - stunk bad of smoke. Wallpaper was pealing off the wall. I checked in with a total of four (2 adults and 2 kids) and they had only 3 towels in the room - no problem i will just ask for another. Front desk clerk said that he did not have any more towels and said he could not even give me a extra hand towel. Beds were quite uncomfortable. Seemed like we received the worst room in the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We went to the Ramada in 2012 for a night during our honeymoon and we really liked the place. We thought it was really nice. However, we went back this year for our 1 year anniversary and we're sorely disappointed. The hot tub was too hot to really be in and was extremely gross looking. The first floor smelled like nursing home, the elevator smelled like urine, and the rest of the hotel just smelled bad. The first floor halls were packed with new furniture. The cheesecake was dry. The front desk staff lacked a friendly demeanor. The room thermostat didn't work- we turned the temp down to 55 and the room stayed extremely uncomfortable hot all night. The sheets came off the mattress and it showed a stained, disgusting mess.

I was pleased that the bartender from last year saw us and remembered us and was extremely friendly. This years bartender was also very nice.

I was sad to see how poor the hotel was and will not be returning next year.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed over New Years and this has potential to be a nice hotel but carpet coming up. Fireplaces that are not usable. Need to convert to gas if can not burn wood. Staff was rude. Told I can't help you as I am getting close to end of shift. Had no clue of happenings around Glenwood. Told of a DJ playing at a place and paid 20 in taxi to go only to find out was manager of hotel and staff did not even mention a bar and entertainment on bottom floor of hotel. Can not see from lobby. We did have a couple friendly and helpful people out driver from amtrak and a middle aged woman at the front desk. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014