“Best Last Minute Price But Don't Expect Too Much”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Just stayed here 1 night as my wife had a meeting in Grand Junction so we decided to stay overnight and enjoy the hot springs the next day. Overall, I would say that your options are limited in Glenwood Springs. All of the prices seem a tad on the high side for a room such as the Quality Inn. We went through the chamber of commerce to get the deal and I would recommend checking there 1st.

My overall impression is that this is an older hotel that they have indeed upgraded. It has LCD and Comcast, new bedding, furniture and bathroom. Overall it was a clean hotel with the only exception being the carpet. It felt a bit dirty. This hotel isn't located downtown, but a few miles to the West. It is next to the freeway, but we didn't hear a thing.

I guess I am a bit jaded flying in and out of Vegas and the ability to get better deals at amazing hotels. I would say that although the price was better than most, I would normally pay between $85-$90/night for a place like this Quality Inn. The have a sister hotel across the street that has suites and seems to be newer.

Overall, I would recommend that if you have kids this hotel will do. The room we had was spacious with a bunk bed (unexpected) and there is a decent breakfast in the morning plus an evening cocktail hour where they buy your 1st drink. Free WiFi too. During the day, you can take the free bus around until about 7pm. Staff was great.

Overall I was pleased. A little sparse with the decorations, but you are on the river and in the winter time the enclosed pool will do. It is on the small side, but it will keep your kids entertained.

Room Tip: Checkout the Glenwood Springs Chamber of Commerce for deals before the normal sites.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed here while traveling through Colorado with our Cat. I was concerned on booking in pet friendly hotels since I myself like to have very clean rooms, but I was pleasently surprised. The lobby is nothing to write home about, small, not much decor but our room was a lot nicer than I thought it would be. It was very clean, big and updated. I am not sure why the reviewer before me slept in his car, I honestly didn't see anything dirty in our room. The bed was pretty comfortable and it has newer bedding. ( I hate the old hotel bedspreads..lol) The air conditioner was on the loud side but it was nice cuz it blocked out the outside noise. The breakfast was also nice, they had waffles, cereal, fruit and donuts...that kinda stuff. All in all, nice stay for a Quality Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Only one star because I had to put something. If you are going to visit Glenwood Springs do not stay here!! This hotel was so dirty and very poorly maintaned. Stains on bed spreads, stains on the chairs and furniture, burnt out lights in halls and staiways, missing fire alarms lights in the halls, room very poorly vaccumed and cleaned, I felt like I needed a shower after getting out of the shower! It was so bad that my wife and I slept in our vehicle for the night and still had to pay for the room! Thank God we were able to check out and find a dffferent hotel for the rest of our stay in Glenwood Spring!! We went to Best Western and had a great experience!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Nice and clean. Helpful staff. Short drive to downtown Glenwood, Adventure Park, Hot Springs. Patio in the back overlooks the river. Didn’t have any issues with the noise from the highway or the railroad. Complimentary breakfast is a plus.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Unremarkable stay. Not convenient to downtown, but accessible to highway. All the way on the west end of town away from where it's "happenin". Clean, new facility, nothing to complain about. Excellent service. Visited the vapor caves while in town, very relaxing.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Scuffed best describes the property. There are scuffs everywhere; staircases, in the room, in the halls, outside entrances. Think of a place for a scuff and there it is. The scuffs appear to be symbolic for a general lack of upkeep of the property. The bathroom tile as cracked and loose, at least one outside entrance was not locked, carpet was worn, at least one towel was frayed and at one spot so thin was more like cheesecloth. It's past time for an update.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Stayed one night, before taking a plane at Eagle. It is a great basic hotel - very good for one night. The room was clean and had a great size. Check-in and check-out was very fast. The breakfast was good. Great option for those that are passing by.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends