“SURPRISE STAY”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stopped unexpectedly in Glenwood Springs during our move from Ca to Co d/t food poisoning. We had our cats in the car and found other area hotels unwilling to rent their pet rooms to cats even if they stayed crated. The gentleman at Quality Inn welcomed them and didn't mind if they were crated or not. We were willing to stay anywhere but we were pleasantly surprised by the great room and good service. Our room was comfortable, clean, and quiet (except for the train the went by once in the morning). I suspect the train is a problem for most hotels in the area but honestly it didn't even wake up my husband who is normally a very lite sleeper. I would absolutely stay here again.
Best features: clean and good price.

Room Tip: The river side rooms have a great view BUT they face the train track so if the noise is a bother to...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Tina L, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for your nice compliments, they will be shared with the staff. I'm glad we could accomodate your four legged family members as well. Please do stay with us again!

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I travel all over the country for my job and try to always stay at a choice hotel because I know what I am getting for my money in almost every instance...not so with the quality in Glenwood Springs. A co-worker and myself stayed 7 nights and let me say...NEVER again. First night I informed the front desk I had no hot water even after letting it run for 15 minutes (I mean it is winter and all) but they had no resolutiuon to it other than let it run longer. So after letting it run for 40 minutes I finally had water warm enough to shower. This was a nightly ritual which, when you are in town on business and perhaps have a schedule to keep, you do not have 45 minutes to waste just to let the water "warm" up. They did just put flat screen TV's in all the rooms...but the old ones were piled up in the stairwells....lazy are we? The beds were ok but need updated unless you like sleeping in an indention. The breakfast was the worst I have ever encountered at a hotel let alone a choice hotel and I stay in hotels 250 plus nights a year! Breakfast starts at 6 am and at 6:05 there is no coffee....really? Only one side of the toaster worked so again...lets have to wait because someone cannot run to walmart and get a decent toaster or 5 of them for that matter. Vending was a joke. After 5 days I thought a soak in the hot tub would be just the thing....until I noticed the many, many, many hairballs floating on the surface....nasty. And to top it all off...the weekend we did stay...the fire alarm went off Saturday, Sunday and Monday conveinantly at midnight every &^%^ night. Ive stayed in dive motels that catered to their clients better....Just plain sad.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ONERY
Tina L, Regional Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

On behalf of our entire staff we apologize for your experience. I thank you for bringing up some issues that need to be researched. We were aware that there was an alarm malfunction that was repaired but the other comments are the first of that nature.

Breakfast has been updated, meets all Quality requirements and has hot items rotated throughout the week to allow for a greater variety. We have been receiving positive comments from the guests in house that stay with us on a regular basis. We apologize that we had not replenished the coffee as you arrived early morning. There are occasions where large groups come through the breakfast area and chances are the coffee was on the way out of the preparation room.

Again, we apologize that we did not exceed your standards and appreciate your business.

Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here previously but I thought I would address some concearns from other reviewers as this is our prefered hotel in Glenwood.
First, the rail noise. You have to understand that there is no hotel in Glenwood Springs that is not near the railroad. If you don't want to be near the rails, dont stay in Glenwood Springs! That said, rail traffic is not that heavy here and if you request a room on the opposite side you cant hear the trains at all.
Next, parking. I have never had a problem with finding a spot to park, however I was a bit dissapointed with management efforts to clear snow and ice. My wife and I both nearly fell more than once in the two days we stayed and there was no clear path from any parking spot to the front entrance, and no effort was made during our stay to mitigate this. I did notice a container of ice melt outside the lobby but never saw it usedon the ice on the main walk.
Beakfast is typical for free hotel fare, seems to meet Choice standards.
Rooms could be cleaner but you have to look. Our room passed the white sock test but failed the white glove test on less obvious dust collecting surfaces.
We stay in Glenwood Springs about 2 or three times a year and feel that this is the best value here. The rooms are quiet and mostly clean, many great restaurants are within 5 minutes drive, riverfront trail crosses hotel property, a deck with a grill overlooking the river, access to up valley and in city bussing systems. We will continue to make this our base in the roaring fork and recommend it to our family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2013
Tina L, Regional Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Thank you for your well written and thought out response. I appreciate your commendations and will share with the staff. You really hit the point when you said the rail is everywhere in Glenwood. It is, and in fact some people, myself being one, enjoy it. It's part of the town and has been since 1887. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful destination with rich history. We also have double windows to assist with muting the sound.

Your concerns regarding the ice and snow have been brought to property manager's attention. We plow and do the ice melt on a regular basis. I'm not sure what happened during your stay and apologize for your slipping. The mountainous area and weather that changes so quickly can in fact pose a challenge. Glenwood experienced some of the coldest conditions, not typical temperatures, in the last two weeks and if we did not get enough ice melt distributed, we will do better.

Thank you for your continued business and your review.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

After a long day on the road driving, there is nothing like a wonderful comfortable non-rubber bed to fall into....and that is exactly what we got..the room was very clean, nicely appointed, staff very nice and helpful, re-cycling available (YEAH)...and a great Hot Breakfast. Yes, there is a train but it only went by once early evening, so no problem for us. My only complaint about our stays at any of the Quality Inns is their use of styrofoam...ugh...not planet friendly!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Tina L, Regional Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Thank you for your comments. It is great to hear you had a nice stay. I look forward to passing your comments along to the rest of the staff.

In response to the comment regarding styrofoam, we are in fact working to become a greener property and the styrofoam is on our list of items to replace.

Thanks again for taking your time to respond and come again soon!

Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed at this hotel for over 10 yrs when we visit the world's largest outdoor hot springs in Glenwood Springs. But no longer after our stay over the Thanksgiving weekend. I had a Suite # reserved with Jacuzzi tub for 2 nights. When we arrived we were told that the Suite was not cleaned and that Housekeeping had gone home for Thanksgiving. We arrived on Thanksgiving Day from Denver, a 3 hr drive. We decided to take a regular room, since they had a clean one left with a river view. When we arrived back to the hotel late at night after spending 10 hrs in town in the hot springs, watching fireworks and spending time at Hotel Colorado, the room was not cleaned. Our bathroom towels were on the floor where we left them. Now this was the SECOND time in 2 nights, no one cleaned the room. I talked to the Manager who didn't charge us, but after this experience we will not stay at this Choice Hotel anymore. There are plenty of other nice hotels in town. Quality Inn in Glenwood Springs lost a loyal customer. We will still stay at Hotel Denver next time in town.

Room Tip: River View, top floor ( 3rd floor)
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

On behalf of our staff I'd like to acknowledge your comments regarding your stay over Thanksgiving. I would like to offer our sincere apologies for not correcting the issue while you were at the hotel. Upon researching the issue, due to a lower occupancy level we had a smaller staff on hand and may have missed the removal of a do not disturb sign on your door. I would love it if you would reconsider staying with us again. Please recall the past past experiences you cited and know this is not a normal occurrence at this hotel. The manager attempted to make your experience better by removing the room charge and we would like to take it a step further and ask for you to return and give us another chance. You can contact me at the hotel directly to further discuss this.
Tina Long

Reviewed 1 December 2012

First the good news:
This was a terrific stay for pet owners - rooms were well appointed and clean with a very pet friendly river walk. The breakfast was decent. The staff was EXCELLENT and friendly - Cameron at the front desk was EXCEPTIONAL and very accommodating.
Then the bad news:
The train is very close - I love the sound by my pet definitely didn't. Also, this company DOES NOT honor their "Lowest Internet Rate Guarantee" - I made two requests that proved the rates were lower on Expedia - they denied both requests for bogus reasons, neither of them legitimate. Having had this experience with them, I don't consider this company to be reputable and I would only book with them again as a last resort.

Room Tip: The river side is nice, the train is loud either way.....
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Tina L, Regional Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

We appreciate you taking time to review our property. Thank you for the compliments. The rooms are great for families with or without pets.

The train noise is something that can't be altered, but believe it or not, there are those that actually enjoy the rumbling of the tracks. :) We do offer rooms on the opposite side of the hotel but the river runs adjacent to the tracks making it a hard choice for some guests. I'm sorry it bothered your pet and hope it was a quick passing.

As far as the Expedia match, we absolutely honor the lowest rate guarantee. The only reason the rate wouldn't have been matched is if the room type requested was not available with Expedia rate. I apologize if that seems 'bogus" but it is policy that we have to adhere to and is based on inventory. I'd like the oppportunity to make it up to you and welcome your call if you'd like to discuss it.

Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stayed here for a weekend getaway to the Hot Springs and Vapor Caves. What a great value. We had a microwave, fridge and small kichenette area right in the room with a sink. All the attractions were just a short distance as well as restaurants. We even caught a movie over at the mall right near the hotel. The first night we took advantage of the "managers special" and got a free cocktail at the hotel right next door. Great deal. Overall was a great weekend at a very reasonable price. Would stay here again. The pool and hot tub were also a great feature. We took advantage of the hot tub the first evening. There is also a nice path out in back of the hotel that runs the length of the river. We took a walk one brisk morning after the free breakfast. Overall I would rate this as an excellent value.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Tina L, Regional Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Thank you very much for you comments. I will share this with our team. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of many of the wonderful offerings Glenwood Springs has. Please come again and keep in mind we are offering packages through the winder which include room, lift tickets to Sunlight Mountain and passes to the Glenwood Hot Springs!