“Just gross!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We are a family of four used to staying at La Quinta and similar caliber hotels as we always travel with our dog. We stayed in room 106 for two nights. The carpets were beyond filthy, there was unwashed blood stains on the comforter and the bathroom shower rod was held in place with a doubled up piece of paper. The couch was also old and dirty. I read some bad reviews before I left and those reviews were spot on. This hotel was booked solid and does well only because of location and pet friendly. They clearly are more interested in keeping most of their profit instead of maintaining the hotel at a decent standard. Quality Inn should not allow this hotel to bear their name. This hotel sits at a beautiful location but is far too dirty and under-maintained for any person to consider staying here. Replace the carpets, comforters and couches, clean your pool, spa and hallways or continue to lose repeat customers. I wanted to leave the second we walked down the hall. If my young kids weren't so excited to be on vacation I would have. Just don't stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ABCSfamco
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Will definitely stay here again. Clean. Comfortable
Business Center available. Staff friendly and helpful. Easy to access. Comfortable beds. Quiet rooms. Good location. 200 characters is too much to require!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Joe K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were in a famous, scenic hotel 5 days ago, that was more than 3 times as expensive and their room couldn't hold a candle to this suite.
Think around $100 per night for a suite with kitchenette, very roomy, comfortable beds with two pillows per person, decent desk with comfortable office chair, nice views of river and mountains (on north side of hotel), TV with free on Demand and numerous premium channels, outdoor deck with several tables and propane grill that's right off the pool/spa area (and next to the river), and their staff are helpful and pleasant.
Drawback? Don't leave your window open at night or the train (running on tracks on side of mountain) will wake you up. Close the window and you're fine since the hotel uses two panes of 'glass' that kills the noise. These guys covered all their bases at this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mike h

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

This hotel was great. Not just for me travelling with my dog, but it was wonderful for that, too. I stayed on 3rd floor with the view out the back of the river (awesome by the way). Its really peaceful in the morning. I noticed there were a good amount of other people there with pets (probably one of the only pet friendly hotels there). The front desk staff was friendly- both gentlemen who I dealt with were very helpful. There is only 1 ice machine- that was the only thing I could find wrong. When I got there an old man was filling no less than FOUR laundry bags with ice... Ridiculous! Not the hotel's fault obviously but another machine would have been nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

We will see about another ice machine.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I don't even know were to start ? This hotel is so gross and dirty ! We stayed on the 3rd floor and the view was the best part . You do get a nice view of the river . Other then that the rooms smell like animal pee , smoke , and our key to our room hardly ever worked . It was so noisy with barking dogs and people hanging out in the hallway at all times of the night . The hotel hot tub is so full of dirt and grim the ring of it was about 3 inches thick . We were in the pool area tell closing on a Sunday and on Monday morning when the kids wanted to go back before check out it still hadn't been cleaned or filled back up with enough water. Many couples that came in to use the hot tub would turn around and leave because it was so dirty. I read a review from February that only 1 side of the toaster works due to the handle being broken off . It is now July and it is still like that ! Will not ever be going back to this hotel !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lovet4travel
Tina L, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

On behalf of our entire staff please accept our apology for your experience. Thank you for bringing your observations to our attention. The hotel is currently in the process of making several updates. I hope you will give us another chance and see our improvements. Again, we apologize.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites because of a Groupon offer I came across. Having never been to the City of Glenwood Springs, I thought this would be the perfect time. The location is just a couple miles west of the hot springs pool with easy access off the interstate. My room was pet friendly, and the view was facing the River and Walkway...a very serene view. The room amenities were terrific. And the bed was so comfortable. Upon checking out, I commented that I would definitely ask for the same room on my next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a River Side room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your nice comments, I look forward to sharing them with the staff. Thank you for commenting on the beds, we have been in the process of several updates throughout the hotel. Please call us next time you come to town, we run promotions periodically. Thanks again.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I was a drop-in and was able to negotiate a nice price for a King suite.

Pros:
The suite was huge, with a mini dining room, including counter, mini-sink, microwave, fridge and coffeemaker. There was a small table and two chairs in the "dining area" in addition to the writing desk with chair and phone.
There was a spectacular view out the window of the river and mountains.
Everything was clean and well lit.
The window opened, and had a screen so you could get fresh air.
The breakfast was extensive and was one of the few places that had bananas!

Cons
My wife called me long distance and was hung up on twice by Chris at the front desk when he tried transfering. It would ring once in my room then when I answered there was nobody. I called to complain and finally when my wife called a third time, she heard Chris calling someone else to find out how to properly transfer a call so that you actually connect the caller to the room! Who knows what long distance charges we will have from having to call from Canada 3 times.
And to add insult to injury, the phone in my room also received a local radio station (The Edge), so I had issues hearing my wife while also listening to the radio announcer or music playing through the phone. Yeesh.

The television system was super complex and I could not figure out how to get it on. There were no instructions, and just pressing the "power" button or the "all on" button did not work. Very frustrating.
The bed was a tad too firm.
The tap (which was a few feet from the bed) dripped unless you really wrenched it closed.
The window screen was bent so that little bugs got in and were swarming the lamp.
One more oddity - the handle for the toilet was on the right side. I have never seen that before and reached to the left every time!

I would stay here again but would hope the phone issues were resolved.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Blue-J-traveller

We will tackle the telephone and television issues.