“Amazing Afternoon”

Golden Mountain Guides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fuel your desire for the outdoors with a once in a lifetime adventure with Golden Mountain Guides. Climb frozen crystalline water, dangle 1,000 feet off the ground, or learn new skills in a safe and scenic environment. Whether you're just learning or a seasoned climber looking for the next adventure, Golden Mountain Guides has the instruction to teach you the Fundamental Elements of Climbing.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I absolutely loved the half day rock climbing outing at Red Rock Canyon Open Space in Colorado Springs. Thomas, our guide, was outstanding! He went above and beyond making us comfortable with the climb as it was our first time climbing outdoors and not in a climbing gym. He really knows his stuff and was extremely interested in teaching us everything we wanted to know. I would 100% recommend this outing to anyone in the area and will be back to climb more with Thomas and the Golden Mountain Guides.

Ben C, Owner at Golden Mountain Guides, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the kind words, Cristen! We are so glad you enjoyed your trip with Thomas! Come back and see us again!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"techniques"
"climbers"

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

My friend and I were in Denver for a couple of days and we decided to climb with GMG. I had been climbing indoors for 5-6 months and my friend was a complete newbie. Our guide, Sean, took us out in Clear Creek to top rope. His route selection was gradually challenging and super fun. He gave us the right amount of instruction while being patient and reassuring the entire time. Most importantly, he got my friend completing two routes! She was very apprehensive to go climbing and wasn’t even sure she would do one route. But she felt safe and trusted Sean’s instructions and got me writing this review after our climb yesterday! We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Looking forward to climbing with GMG again when back in CO!

Ben C, Owner at Golden Mountain Guides, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thanks for the great review and we are psyched you and your friend enjoyed your time out in the mountains with us! Hope to see you back for some ice climbing this winter!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Summiting Flatiron 1 was one of the best experiences we’ve had. Doug - our guide - met us early in the morning as it was going to be a very warm day (90F!). After a few minutes of signing waivers and getting or gear together, we started on a short hike to the start of our climb. Doug was a great guide. He was very patient with us (first proper climb outdoors) and explained what was coming up and how to tackle it if we were unsure. Doug was very encouraging and helped navigate the climb.
I was nervous but the experience and the views from the summit made it all worth it. I would highly recommend using golden mountain guides and we would definitely use them again!

Ben C, Owner at Golden Mountain Guides, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

We had a great time on the First Flatiron with you as well! Great work for a first outdoor climb and we can't wait to see you back for some ice climbing this winter!

Reviewed 19 May 2018

We climbed with Golden Mountain Guides for two days, what a great experience. I have not climbed multi-pitch in about 15 years, yet our guide, Thomas, was great at making my wife (new to outdoor climbing) and me comfortable and challenged. We could not have asked for a better guide and just generally good person. He is an amazing climber and guide. He was an excellent teacher for my wife, helped review all the lead climbing I forgot, and introduced me to a bunch of new techniques. We felt safe and challenged both days. Amazing job!!!

Ben C, Owner at Golden Mountain Guides, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

So glad you and Mary had a great couple of days with Thomas! Thanks for the awesome review. Keep climbing hard and we hope to see you back in the near future!