“Over priced beer and horrible soup.”
Review of Trailhead Taphouse

Trailhead Taphouse
Ranked #50 of 170 Restaurants in Golden
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Description: We combine delicious food with a wide beer selection. Numerous local craft beers served, Sandwiches and Cajun specialties to enjoy. Also offering southern style brunch on Sundays! Bar open as late as midnight depending on crowd. During the NFL season we show all Packer games via Sunday NFL Ticket. Serving special football appetizers on game day. Although we are cheeseheads, we still cheer for the Broncos and broadcast their games as well.
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

My french onion soup was nasty. At first I thought there was plastic strips in it from the cheese but it turned out to be some of the onions. I have no idea how onions turn out to be unchewable. I would have said something if the waitress had asked me how my meal was. The busboy grabed my plate and ran. I also ordered a small pour of a beer and was charged $6 which I think was the full pour price. Overall, a very disappointing experience.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 2 September 2018

I've done lunch and dinner there, and the service has always been great: Friendly, courteous and effective. The only hiccup was a really slow delivery of a flatbread for one person in our lunch party of six. It gets busy and the kitchen probably forgot to fix that dish. If you like very good Cajun dishes, try their Chicken and Andouille Jambalaya or the Shrimp and Andouille Po'boy...absolutely delicious. My table-mates all vouched for the quality of their dishes, too. The Lady Moon Flatbread was a little disappointing, because the sides of the plate made the Fontina cheese pool in the middle, making things a bit salty in those areas. Nice beer selection, but it does rotate and you favorites might not be there the next time you go.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Trailhead really needs to read the reviews on the bad service. Experienced it first hand today. They are definitely nice and friendly but very inattentive. I ordered the Cajun Philly that was delish, but they served it with the bottom of the bag of potato chips. That just confirmed how their quality is not a high priority. They were scattered and didn't seem ready to be operating a corner spot in a high traffic area. My husband ordered the pulled pork, NO PICKLE and slaw on the side. Got the pickle, no slaw. Nobody came to verify that our food was satisfying. Had to call someone over to order a 2nd beer after giving them 10 minutes to see we were still thirsty. Saving grace was the bartender finally noticed my pile of chip crumbs and said "hell no, that's not acceptable" and took off my meal and a couple beers. That definitely showed improvement, but with all the places out there to try, this one does not deserve a return visit. Step it up Trailhead, before you before you fall even further on the taphouse Colorado trail.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I was in Golden last week and had the pleasure to eat dinner at this restaurant twice with my wife and daughter. They both liked their meals. They ordered the flatbread and sliders. I loved my dinners. The first time, I got the chicken and sausage gumbo. Really tasty and spicy! The second time, I got the blackened catfish. Excellent! I love Cajun food and this was probably the best I've ever had. There were a variety of draft beers to wash down your meals. I found the prices to be reasonable.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Came for lunch with a party of 6. It's not a large place but we got seated right away. We went in July so the front windows were rolled up so you got fresh air without sitting outside. They have plenty of beers on tap which my dad and husband liked. I loved my salad -steak and mixed greens that had pecans and blue cheese. Steak was cooked perfect. 2 others had the Cubano sandwich. Staff was attentive and friendly. Quaint place if you want a casual lunch.

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Trailhead Taphouse? Share your experiences!