“Wonderful stay and excellent hosts!”
Review of Eldora Lodge

Eldora Lodge
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Wonderful stay and excellent hosts!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We came for my son's graduation from UCo-Boulder and were so happy we chose Eldora Lodge. The hosts were very gracious and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable and the views were spectacular! The location is very close to beautiful hiking trails with easy access to a variety of small towns and great restaurants. We will definitely return to the area and stay at the Eldora Lodge.

Room Tip: Although there is free WiFi, reception is spotty - hosts offer free long-distance from rooms and tha...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Loved it. Stayed in room 6. Rustic and quite adorable. Bed was incredibly comfortable, and once acclimatized to the altitude I slept like the proverbial log. Fluffy, fresh towels. Accommodating hosts. Beautiful snowy mountain views from the back porch hot tub. Wonderful breakfast and coffee. We came to the area in June for hiking, nature and general sight-seeing and would definitely come back given the chance.

Given we had a kitchenette we did not cook, though there is a good grocery store in Nederland and one could also purchase groceries on the way up from Golden.

Only blemish I can think of is possible need of some minor (truly minor) upgrades. Though the June nights here are bound to be cold, the days are very temperate. We did have a space heater and fan in the room, which is all that one would need. I would however have liked screens on more of the windows for more of those beautiful breezes inside. Also, carpet in bathrooms is a pet peeve of mine (you be the judge one that one). Otherwise the room was spotless.

Given the chance I would give Eldora Lodge at Wondervu a 4.8 out of 5.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hope R
Mauldin, SC
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here last weekend with my nephew on the way to a hike to Diamond Lake. The new owners went out of the way to make us feel comfortable, and they were always around if we needed them. The deck had a wonderful view of the Rockies, and the hot tubs looked inviting although I didn't get in. The common room had the biggest TV in the state (I'm speculating) in it, and I can imagine that is a great place to watch the Broncos play. Our room had two comfortable beds, and it was very clean. The breakfast they serve is technically not a full breakfast that one normally gets with a bed and breakfast, but who wants to eat a huge breakfast and then hike several miles through a forest? I had fruit, yogurt and a breakfast casserole that they made. It was good and filling. The picture on the website of the layout of the food is exactly what you get. We parked about six feet from our room, and although it is located next to the highway, I heard about three cars the whole time we were there. There is also a pool table at which we spent about fifteen beers and two hours enjoying. This is a great jumping-off point to any adventure you may have in mind, or just a nice place to spend a few days.

Room Tip: The fellow that runs the place (sorry, I'm bad with names) gave me a sweet discount since I was...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank drluch
High Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

My fiancée and I were up in coal creek canyon looking a land to build a house on an decided to stay at this lodge .From check in to just relaxing around this place fulfills all of that ,it's not a corporate owned facility so you get that personal touch .i would recommend this to anyone that likes a mountain view and a cozy atmosphere !

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank rich G
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Eldora Lodge and Bed and Breakfast for 5 nights, late January, 2014. The pictures do not convey how nice the rooms are. The linens are very nice and much nicer than the pictures. The rooms are clean as well as lovely, with their knotty pine interior and the beds are comfortable for a good night's sleep. The rooms are large and include a small fridge and microwave. The hosts provide a nice breakfast in the mornings with many items to choose from and they also provide eating utensils and glasses in the rooms. We dined out only once during our 5 night stay. One evening, we brought back a pizza,went into the living area and enjoyed eating by the fireplace. They have a large wine glass cabinet that was convenient as we had purchased a bottle of wine in Nederlands to have with our pizza.

The entire lodge is a little old, but rustic and charming, The owner's go out of their way to help you enjoy your stay. They try to think of all the little things to add to your comfort. We had a nice flat screen TV with cable in our room and there is also wifi available, so while it is an older place, it has a lot of character and modern expectations. The only down side is that due to it's age, and structure, you can hear quite a bit from the other rooms, so if you are a light sleeper, you might want to bring ear plugs.

I cannot express how much the owner's care about your experience and we very much appreciated their kindness.

Room Tip: We always ask for a quiet room. If you are wanting a place to "party", please don't g...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very nice place with great breakfast and beautiful scenery. They have a large common area with fun activities like pool table, dart board, big screen TV, fireplace, board games, and 2 hot tubs. We stayed for 5 days and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank xmil9
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed last weekend at Eldora Lodge. We arrived late (past 8:30) but there was still a very nice gentleman to greet us!! He was very frienldy and gave us a tour of the lodge and even suggested a room that we may like more than the one we booked (it was less money as well!). My husband and I brought a bottle of wine for our room but didn't have an opener....when my husband went to ask if they had one available not only did they have one but they provided us with nice large glass wine glasses to take to our room! They also have bottles of wine for purchase which is the first I have seen at a bed and breakfast and a nice offering($15 each if I recall). The lodge is rustic and cute. The breakfast was delicious! Fresh fruit, yogurt, homemade hot breakfast casserole and my favorite homemade waffles you make yourself on a little waffle maker. The batter mix was very fluffy and got nice and golden in the maker. Coffee and tea bar as well. They have a great outdoor hot tub but since it was a freezing 5 degrees out we didn't actually end up braving the cold but hope to enjoy next time. Nice warm robes provided in each room too. We drove in to nearby Nederland for the afternoon and explored a microbrewery (Nice Brewing CO) and a Nepalese Restaurant (Kathmadu Restaurant). Fun little getaway from Denver. Thanks Eldora Lodge. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We originally booked a dbl queen but ended up selecting a single queen because the room itself warme...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple