“Fresh Food”

Windy Saddle Cafe
Ranked #26 of 152 Restaurants in Golden
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a very late breakfast here. The location is fabulous. We ate outside and enjoyed the lovely sights of Historic Downtown Golden. The inside was charming, the menu had great options, and our food and teas were superb. The only odd things were the many signs posted to bus your own table, as well as the lack of warmth from staff. I assume these are both connected to the fact that staff isn't trying to charm you for tips. I like that they aren't being phony, but felt this location was lacking the overall personality you find at other Golden locations. However, I suppose bussing my own table and keeping it brief with staff was an acceptable compromise for not spending $6 on a tip. It was shocking for a first visit, but next time I'll just understand this is part of the experience and be okay with it. I will eat here on my next trip to Golden.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The food was pretty good actually, no complaints there. A little pricey by Golden means, but decent sandwich. Personality was a little lacking while I was trying to pay for food while with my family (infant child) I kinda felt they looked at us as trouble or something, not a great welcoming feeling here.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stopped in for some coffee and the smothered meat burrito. Both were excellent. This is not your local Starbucks. Things move a little slower here which was fine with us. We will be back.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very nice setting, good coffee and coffee drinks, along with Chai and smoothies. Staff is friendly. A great place to sit and have a coffee. Wish the Wifi was easier to connect to.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We went for breakfast each morning when we stayed in Golden. Fast and friendly service. Excellent baked goods, quiche and yogurt parfait. We always try to seek out independently owned restaurants - this is a favorite in Golden.