“Great service”

Courtyard Denver West/Golden
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Arrived late front desk clerk Nick energetic and friendly. Room very nice, I was first guest to stay in newly renovated room. However in morning, realized shower not hooked up to hot water! Within seconds front desk clerk came to my room with a key to a new room two doors down. Very apologetic. Received coupon for a free Starbuck coffee unfortunately dont drink coffee so I left it for next guest. After chatting with him, come to find out he grew up on tiny island in Florida right where I own property, small world. Overall for price and small inconvenience well worth the price. Not sure if all rooms newly renovated but mine was very nice and public areas clean and well taken care off. Good location to freeway as well. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request first floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
CYGolden, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Mruggier0, Thank you for sharing your review! I am so sorry to hear that the hot water was not working in your room! I know that must have been frustrating. I am happy to hear that our Front Desk found a solution for you. All of our rooms have been renovated, and our Bistro is open for breakfast and dinner. We would be happy to serve you something besides coffee! We look forward to your next visit. Warm Regards - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Had a trip planned to the mountains for several months coming in from Kansas. Due to a nasty winter storm we headed out a day early and actually booked this hotel while on the road. Chose it due to its close proximity to I-70, it had an indoor hottub, and the price was right. :)

When we arrived it took a few minutes for someone to arrive to check us in but then it was quick and speedy in getting our room keys. Apparantely they had just reopened the pool and hottub that day, which was good since we knew we wanted to enjoy that.

Once in our room, you can tell it is an older hotel, but is being nicely updated. Good sized room but wish it had a small fridge in there somewhere. Nice bathroom and shower. Had a good nights sleep but were up early to get a head start in the snowy weather to the mountains.

Only dissapointing part of the stay was that breakfast did not start till 7am. We were up and ready at 6am hoping to get an early start but then realized we couldn't get our breakfast until 7am. Since we had paid extra for breakfast we decided to stay. While the breakfast was really good and made to order, my brother was done with his meal by the time I received mine. With the new bistro you get a choice of one hot meal or two cold meal items included with your room rate. Might consider starting it a little earlier to accomodate those wishing to get on the road.

Overall it was a nice stay and nice hotel. If we ever were looking for a hotel again in the Denver area we would check here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
CYGolden, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Kchall, thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. I am glad that you were able to stay and enjoy breakfast at the Bistro, and we always have The Market available for some snacks as well. I am glad to hear that you like our renovated rooms, and please let us know if you need a refrigerator and we will be happy to bring one to your room. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the mountains! - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager

Reviewed 28 February 2013

Good hotel. Excellent staff. Great rooms. The best (and I'm not kidding)bowl of hot oatmeal, apple, and cranberry I have ever had. Yeah, it was that good. It's also uber convenient for sights and activities. "Josh" was a great help in getting us situated when we arrived.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings Tom P! Thank you for the wonderful review. I so happy that you enjoyed the oatmeal at our new Bistro! It's also fantastic to hear that Josh was able to take care of when you arrived here. We look forward to seeing you again! Have a wonderful day - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2013

This place offers a great value for the business traveler. Everything was clean and comfortable. They appear to be in the process of updating the decor which is good. Elevators look a bit rundown but other than that it was nice. I did like the abundance of electrical outlet options in the room. You would be surprised at how many hotels skimp on this.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
CYGolden, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear Doug D, Thank you for giving us a review! I am glad that you enjoyed your time here and that our hotel met your business needs. We look forward to seeing you again! - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Stayed here for one night to shorten the next morning's drive to Breckenridge. The hotel is minimalistic but the staff was friendly and the location was very convenient. Staying here saved us almost 45 minutes on the drive to the mountains. Better yet, there were actually very good dining and shopping choices nearby which was completely unexpected. I'd strongly recommend staying here if you fly in late in the evening before a ski trip.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
CYGolden, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Ryan K, Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! It is wonderful to hear that we were able to make your travel to the mountains more convenient. I am happy that you were able to shop at the near by mall and have a selection of restaurants. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip, and hopefully you will be able to enjoy the food at our new Bistro where we serve breakfast and dinner. Have a great day! - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Won this room on Priceline.com - was not disappointed. Very good location and a quiet surrounding. The staff was friendly and the room was definitely worth the price. Great beds and showers.

Unfortunately, the hotel was doing some renovations when my wife and I were there and that created some clutter. Would have appreciated a notice on that part... Did not ruin the stay at all, though.

The continental breakfast, however, was a major disappointment. Showed up 90 minutes before the scheduled closing time to find the place completely mowed over. There wasn't enough food for even one person. The crumbs of a hot breakfast were there, but nothing worth consuming. Truly disappointing. The staff working the breakfast were as aloof as could be.

Room Tip: The kings are very comfy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TSSpear
CYGolden, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear TSSpear, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valueable feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your room! I know that when you come down for breakfast, it can be very disappointing to not be able to get the food that you need. I apologize that we did not have the buffet stocked when you were here, because we wanted to provide a free breakfast for the inconvenience of our renovation. At this time, however, I am happy to say that our renovation is completed in the breakfast area! We are now operating our new Bistro which is a quick service breakfast concept for made-to-order items. I know that the next time that you visit us, we will be able to exceed your expectations for breakfast and all other aspects of your stay! We look forward to seeing you again! - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Don't judge a book by its cover. This hotel doesn't look all fancy on the outside but was very nice on the inside. My room was recently remodeled and was super nice. The building was under construction when I went but that did not stop me from enjoying this place. The staff more than made up for it. We were here for a week and some of the tag felt more like family by the time we left. The location is prime. We were able to take daily excursions to Breckenridge, coppers Mountain, winters park, an Estes park for no more than an hour and a half. Denver is right down the road. Couldn't have asked for a better stay. Definitely one if the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Jaxattack, I am so excited to hear that our staff was so outstanding! Thank you for giving us your feedback. It sounds like you had a great time visiting the mountains, and we all look forward to seeing you again when you come back! - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager