“Great Room”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Spencer, Ohio
“Great Room”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The hotel is really clean and and the staff was really kind. The room was clean and quiet. Easy check in. The hotel was in a great location and had a few good places to eat close. The only problem i had was finding the drive the GPS had me in another drive.

Room Tip: Had a great night.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
CYGolden, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Denver West/Golden, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Thank you RailFan9529 for the great review! We are always happy to hear that our guests have enjoyed their time with us. I am also happy that you were able to find us, despite the GPS! We look forward to seeing you in the future! All the best - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Second (business) stay, and I'm beginning to understand why colleagues prefer to be down town.
Some if the place has been refurbished - the lobby cafe is a case in point - but this doesn't seem to have been extended to the rooms. Standard and somewhat ageing fittings, switches, lifts (sorry, elevators) and an odd background aroma I've not been able to place.
Maybe the aroma is what the front desk staff are taking because they are interminably cheerful by British standards - not a high benchmark I grant you.
All the elements are here, but it just doesn't add up to a welcoming place to chill and relax. Even breakfast time - a highlight in some hotel stays - is commoditised to a cafe counter selling the components of breakfast in plastic containers.
For the extra cost over the bargain basement hotels, I'm not sure it's worth it.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank SteveFromIsleOfWight
Hello Steve, and thank you for taking the time to give us a review! We did undergo a full renovation which was completed in February, including the rooms. I apologize if the lobby and the Bistro did not seem very welcoming. Our goal is to provide a comfortable place for our guests to relax or work as they choose. We offer the Bistro so that we can provide more variety and better quality food than we had previously with the self-serve buffet. I do hope that you will come back and give us another chance! We would love another opportunity to exceed your expectation. Warm Regards - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting the greater Denver area and Rocky Mountain National Park. The location was great - right off the highway (yet quiet) with plenty of restaurants near by. The rooms were spacious and modern and very clean. The staff was friendly and the property well maintained. I couldn't get over how good of a value the hotel was - for how nice the rooms were I would have expected to pay a lot more. I would definitely recommend this one to anyone in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
CYGolden, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Denver West/Golden, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Hello Blair P, and thank you for such a wonderful review! We appreciate your feedback and know that our future guests do as well. I hope that you had an enjoyable trip to Denver. We look forward to seeing you again! Warm Regards - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Stayed here for two nights - room was fairly priced, impeccably clean, soundproof, coffee in room and great bed. A small refrigerator and possibly a microwave in the room would be nice. The hotel has a Fitness center and bistro lounge with what appeared to be overpriced food. I did not eat here.

I would stay here again on a return trip to Denver.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
CYGolden, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Denver West/Golden, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear Zoyenca, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We do offer refrigerators upon request, and we do have some rooms with microwaves. We also provide a microwave at the front desk if there is not one in the room. I do hope that you will try our new Bistro! We have some wonderful options available for breakfast and for dinner, all without having to leave the hotel! We look forward to your next visit! Warm Regards - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Right off 6th Avenue so easy on-off access to everything in the area. Close to the big shopping center with lots of choices for food. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Price is reasonable so very good value. I've stayed here quite a few times and the staff is always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Larry2810, Thank you for a great review! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us we are doing a good job. I am happy that we were able to provide you with wonderful stay. Thanks again! - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager
home
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Arrived late front desk clerk Nick energetic and friendly. Room very nice, I was first guest to stay in newly renovated room. However in morning, realized shower not hooked up to hot water! Within seconds front desk clerk came to my room with a key to a new room two doors down. Very apologetic. Received coupon for a free Starbuck coffee unfortunately dont drink coffee so I left it for next guest. After chatting with him, come to find out he grew up on tiny island in Florida right where I own property, small world. Overall for price and small inconvenience well worth the price. Not sure if all rooms newly renovated but mine was very nice and public areas clean and well taken care off. Good location to freeway as well. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request first floor
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
CYGolden, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Denver West/Golden, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Mruggier0, Thank you for sharing your review! I am so sorry to hear that the hot water was not working in your room! I know that must have been frustrating. I am happy to hear that our Front Desk found a solution for you. All of our rooms have been renovated, and our Bistro is open for breakfast and dinner. We would be happy to serve you something besides coffee! We look forward to your next visit. Warm Regards - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Had a trip planned to the mountains for several months coming in from Kansas. Due to a nasty winter storm we headed out a day early and actually booked this hotel while on the road. Chose it due to its close proximity to I-70, it had an indoor hottub, and the price was right. :)

When we arrived it took a few minutes for someone to arrive to check us in but then it was quick and speedy in getting our room keys. Apparantely they had just reopened the pool and hottub that day, which was good since we knew we wanted to enjoy that.

Once in our room, you can tell it is an older hotel, but is being nicely updated. Good sized room but wish it had a small fridge in there somewhere. Nice bathroom and shower. Had a good nights sleep but were up early to get a head start in the snowy weather to the mountains.

Only dissapointing part of the stay was that breakfast did not start till 7am. We were up and ready at 6am hoping to get an early start but then realized we couldn't get our breakfast until 7am. Since we had paid extra for breakfast we decided to stay. While the breakfast was really good and made to order, my brother was done with his meal by the time I received mine. With the new bistro you get a choice of one hot meal or two cold meal items included with your room rate. Might consider starting it a little earlier to accomodate those wishing to get on the road.

Overall it was a nice stay and nice hotel. If we ever were looking for a hotel again in the Denver area we would check here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
CYGolden, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Denver West/Golden, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Kchall, thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. I am glad that you were able to stay and enjoy breakfast at the Bistro, and we always have The Market available for some snacks as well. I am glad to hear that you like our renovated rooms, and please let us know if you need a refrigerator and we will be happy to bring one to your room. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the mountains! - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager