“If you are looking for a quiet nights sleep - go somewhere else!”

Courtyard Denver West/Golden
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Los Angeles, California
“If you are looking for a quiet nights sleep - go somewhere else!”
Reviewed 22 February 2011

This hotel is so LOUD. The walls are so thin, and there is a large crack at the bottom of the door so sound is traveling in from all directions. I also was staying while there was a youth sports tournament going on and they were up at all hours of the day and night - which of course had nothing to do with the hotel really, but it didn't make for a nice stay at ALL.

This hotel is just not for business travelers. It's in a great location so thats good, but this hotel is in major need of updates. The elevators looked like they were from the 80s. The rooms were clean, but just so so old. The lobby smells like bleach at any time you walk through it.

Other positives, pretty view of the mountains. Excellent hair dryer in the rooms. Good selection of tv channels.

All in all, I will not be staying here again if I can avoid it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Good hotel. Clean, comfortable bed, nice feather pillows. I was on a road trip and after 12 hours driving needed a good night of sleep. This hotel offered that. Quiet and cozy. Reasonably priced. Breakfast is OK.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 10 June 2010

A nice, clean Courtyard. Just what you would expect from Marriott.

I was here on business and I'm sure I'll be staying here again soon.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Suzy_Shopper
Kansas
Reviewed 5 May 2010

This hotel had a very relaxed atmosphere. Staff members were friendly.
The beds, which we were told had been replaced in the past year, were probably the most comfortable I've experienced at a hotel.
We had trouble with the Internet connection, so we used out tether for Blackberry instead. My spouse did not feel the hotel Internet was secure and was probably being interfered with by someone else in the hotel. We were glad to be able to bypass this problem.
The furniture in the room, i.e. desk chair, should have been thrown in the dumpster. It was impossible to sit in comfortably.
The window-side heater was controlled by an old-timey looking thermostat on the wall, but it worked just fine. I have been in hotels where the heating/ac units did not work at all and it made for a miserable stay.
I was glad we could open our window and get fresh air.
The bathroom could use an exhaust fan.
The nights were quiet, but that probably had to do with few other guests around us. In the morning they were noisy and you could hear them packing to leave, running the hair dryer, talking...etc...
The breakfast buffet is terrible. I mean, it's ok if you are in a pinch and need to eat, but the (carton) eggs and (frozen) potatoes tasted like shoe leather. I don't eat much bread, so all the bread choices were lost on me. There was at least some fruit and juice. I only ate the buffet once and would suggest you go elsewhere for breakfast.
They do have a coffee and tea service available in the lobby which I really appreciated.
The hotel is set in a developed area and a little difficult to locate because it's tucked back a bit from Highway 6. But we used our Sprint Navigation on our Blackberry and that was really helpful. Being close to the highway was great for us and meant we could get to downtown Golden in an easy 10 minutes.
Price is ok, I think. We paid $74 a night for two with AAA discount.
The hotel has a pool, but we did not have time to use it.
Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank yoga19
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Stayed here after a long work day. Although it is close to Highway 6 the noise was minimal and my room faced Highway 6. The front desk staff (Erin) was professional, accommodating and just plain nice.

The room I had was a King Size Bed, couch and desk. Very comfortable bed with lots of pillows so you can find one that suits you. I didn't hear any noise inside the hotel and it was busy. I slept well and only heard one couple in the morning who were speaking rather loud. Usually I hear lots of noise in hotels with toilets flushing, showers running, people slamming doors, screaming kids running up and down the halls but there was none of that here.

There is an onsite restaurant that serves breakfast only. Breakfast buffet is $8.95 per person. There is tea and coffee available 24 hours a day for free as well as a small mini mart with some food items and sundry items.

The location is convenient to many things -- restaurants, shopping at Colorado Mills, 15 minutes drive from Downtown Denver, one hour from the mountain ski areas, close to Coors Brewery tours, Railroad museum, hiking trails and many other activities.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank nevera
lesliegb
Reviewed 24 February 2010

We stayed here over the weekend because of a special rate we got through the Marriott website and we are Marriott club members. We frequently travel to Denver and have stayed at similar priced properties around the area. While this hotel wasn't bad -- the room was clean, and the staff seemed friendly -- it wasn't great and there were some problems.

One of the biggest problems I had was the lack of hot water the first night we were there. I went to take a shower after a long drive on the road only to find there was lukewarm water, which was very frustrating. The next day the problem seemed to have been resolved, but still I expect better from this type of hotel.

Also, the walls were quite thin -- we were kept up by a family with shrieking children, and then awakened the next morning by the same. Thank God for ear plugs!

The room wasalso a kind of an odd configuration -- I think to try and stuff in a couch so they could call it a King with Study. The bed was on the wall facing out towards window with a couch stuffed in at foot of bed. The television was on the wall to the right of the bed and didn't rotate, so it was difficult to watch tv while in bed. Not a huge deal but a little awkward. The beds weren't that comfortable either -- both my husband and I woke up with backaches.

As a plus, they did have a nice breakfast buffet, but you had to pay an extra $8.95 for it. The location was good -- close to highway, and close to many restaurants as well as Colorado Mills shopping mall.

It wasn't terrible, but I think for that price range, I prefer the Hampton Inn where we have stayed before.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2010

We stayed at this hotel after driving from Aspen. Our international flight would be on the next day (we always add one day as a "safe option" before an international flight in case of a snow storms closes the tunnel or the Vail Pass, in order not to miss the international flght).
The hotel is convenient located, very close to Denver (downtown and airport) and a short drive from US 70. Golden has a big shopping center that is a 3 min driving from the hotel and some nice restaurants, breweries also 3 min driving.
Hotel is very clean, very affordable rates (after paying more than USD 300.00/night in Aspen, the USD 68.00 was really cheap! ),
Staff is very friendly.
My unique concern is about breakfast. Should be good but at 9.30AM when we went to have breakfast most one the itens had already "gone" and haven't been replaced. As an example, I could see only few white breads (to make toast) and no other option, although around the plate that contained the white bread there were others completely empty. The problem is that they have only one waiter and only one woman that is in charge to replace / complete the plates and this is not enough! I asked the woman if there were bagels and she prompted went inside the kitchen and placed 4 bagels (2 cinnamon and 2 plain) on the plates. I must say that she was very polite and fast.
As for cream chease, there was only one left and I did not want to ask again for cream cheese....
All by all you can notice they do have the ingredients to have a good breakfast. but they need one more person to supervise / update the buffet otherwise at 9.30 you come to a buffet that looks like "finished" (and breakfast is till 11 am there!).
All other things were good, including cleanness, parking, etc

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple