“Gorgeous view”

Residence Inn Denver West/Golden
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for our Grandson's graduation from CSM and it was a lovely place to stay. It was close to the college, had a lovely view from our room and wonderful breakfast.....needless to say the bed was very comfortable too. Very nice!

Room Tip: Gorgeous view and close to Colorado School of Mines!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Raymond W
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Guest!

I wanted to take a moment and thank you so much for staying with us. Also, thank you for this positive review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your room, bed, view, breakfast. I’m that our location worked well for you for the CSM graduation. I wish you safe travels!

Jesse Loose

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have stayed at this location several times as I have family in the area, and travel with a pet. The first floor rooms are convenient for pet owners, and the hot breakfasts are always appreciated. Pool facilities are indoors, which is nice for year-round use, and the staff is always pleasant. Plenty of free parking, and several eateries within several blocks walk.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AshleyGries
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest!
Thank you so much for your positive review! I'm glad that you can call our hotel a home-away from home! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Jesse

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Our family of 4 spent 3 nights here for a wedding in one of the two bedroom suites. We loved the comfy beds and the cozy fireplace in the living room. Having 2 bathrooms made it easy for us to get ready. And 3 televisions was great. Free wifi helps a lot with two teenagers.
Breakfast was slightly different each day for the hot foods. Very tasty. My daughter enjoyed making fresh waffles each morning. Everyone found something they liked.
We also enjoyed the good-sized pool and spa. It was heavenly.
Location was great, everything was so easy to get to. Just a short drive to Boulder and easy access to the mountains.

The front desk was always friendly and had a smile for us each day. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melinda D
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your positive review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel... that you were happy with the the two bed-room suite and liked our breakfast!

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Pleasant is the first word that comes to mind when I think of my stay. Gorgeous views, clean comfortable rooms and a friendly staff made my stay actually quite stress free. The person working the night desk was always friendly and alert whenever I needed them and I found that very helpful because I had to leave for work so early.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FlanniganJ
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Hi There!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the positive review. Everyday my team makes me proud and I'm so happy that you experienced a pleasant stay! I agree, some of our views are very nice. Personally, I love the view from the 4th floor stairwell window.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I spent six nights here over Thanksgiving visiting our son in college in Golden and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. We have stayed here twice previously and will return again when we visit the area. We have brought our small dog and we appreciate the hotel allowing pets. He wasn't along that week as there were other dogs on site as well. The one thing that makes still property stand out as far as I'm concerned is the friendliness and helpfulness of the front-desk staff. I wish every property was this engaging. They are cheerful and make your stay very enjoyable. As with most Residence Inns they provided a very good breakfast and also had a couple of nights when they had snacks for guests. Rooms are clean and quiet and location is good for getting around the Denver area. My wife and I had just one minor complaint and that was we wish they had some king-sized beds.

Room Tip: Try to get a room upstairs where you have a view of the area mountains. Not sure there are many of t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Woodchurch
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment and thank you so much for your kind review. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property. We have a wonderful front desk staff and it's so nice to have this comment to take back to them! I wish we had some king size beds myself. Again, thanks so much!
We look forward to welcoming you back to our property soon!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

After an 8 hour day of driving (traveling from South Carolina to Colorado) we arrive at this residence inn in golden, co and get checked in. I open the door to our room and instantly smell urine. I do not say anything (to my husband) because we are traveling with our dogs and the residence inn allows dogs, and I do not want to act like a princess (assuming the smell was from other pets) Then I go to use the bathroom. The toilet seat is down, so I lift it up, and HOLY COW the stench of urine envelopes me. The toilet had urine and toilet paper in it! The smells was so pungent and I wanted to vomit. CLEARLY, this toilet was not cleaned after it was last occupied. Called the front desk the woman was very apologetic. She got us a new room and even without us asking waived the pet fee ($100) and additionally called to make sure that everything was ok when we were in the new room. The front desk was great, I just was appalled at the cleanliness and cleaning staffs work ethic.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I wanted to take a moment and extend a truly heart felt apology for your experience at our property. I'm happy to hear that the front desk worked to correct the situation; but I assure you, this is not normal for our property, and we clearly missed it. Again, I'm very sorry this happened; I if you are in the area again, please contact me because I'd very much like the opportunity to show you this is not normal for us, and does not meet with our expectations or standards.

Jesse Loose

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The hotel is located right at the edge of Denver just before the mountains, close to I - 70. We checked in late evening, front desk staff was very courteous. Nice rooms and bathrooms and good breakfast. We had a very comfortable stay and would highly recommend this RI to anyone travelling to the area.

Room Tip: first floor is helpful, one can park and enter from the side door.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Hi There!

I just received your review, and what a nice review it is! Thank you so much for being so complimentary of our property and our location! Clean and friendly is what we strive for, and I'm so happy you enjoyed breakfast also!

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

~Jesse Loose