All reviewsclear creekbridgewater grillwithin walking distancecreek sidecharming hotelcoors brewerycolorado school of minesperfect locationlots of pillowswashington streetdowntown areathe main streetgolden coloradobed was very comfortablerooms were very cleanwould definitely stay here againcoffee maker
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed for a long weekend, and I was pleased. The rooms are nice, clean and had everything I needed. We overlooked the back stream , town bridge and patio area. Seeing the bridge and stream was very nice, the patio was a bit noisy at night. We were on the second floor, and the noise of cars going over the bridge, while quaint at first, became bothersome as the night progressed. Next time I will request a higher floor. Was told there would be chocolate chip cookies in the lobby, but never saw them. I would have liked to see some type afternoon snack put out for quests. Lately I have found hotels serving glasses of wine, tea and scones, or just lemonade and cookies. This would be a nice practice, as the lobby is very pretty. Will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Dana S, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay – we are so pleased you enjoyed our hotel! We do offer house-made cookies to our guests at check-in; and so we sincerely apologize that you did not receive one. We look forward to welcoming you back and will do our best to accommodate your request of a room on our 4th floor, please request with a front desk agent during the time of your reservation. We also appreciate the feedback you provided, as we consistently strive to exceed guest expectations.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

To my good friends at the Golden Hotel...I spend a good portion of my time away from home, more times than not I am in Golden as that is where my corporate office is. At first I chose the Golden Hotel due to its location to where I worked, after staying there a few times I realized that while the location was great, it was not why I stayed there. Graciela, April, Brett, Nate, Aaron, Mike, Samantha, Barb and Eric (I am sure I am missing somebody... very sorry) always remember me and take the time to make me feel at home, this means a lot to me as I have 2 young children and a wife at home that I miss very much. If I could make one suggestion it would be to bring back the lobster Mack and cheese!:) I would not stay anywhere else, Thank you all for the effort, it is truly appreciated by this guest and will never be forgotten!! BTW...the Cheesecake rocks!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David G

Thank you so very much for your 5 star review of our property. We truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel, the service you receive and our amazing team members. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with our team members. We feel honored you consider us your “home away from home” and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Our friend got married on the patio behind the hotel. It was beautiful! We were there for a long weekend, but only stayed in this hotel one night. We wished we would have stayed there the whole trip. I enjoyed the whole look of the hotel, and the rooms were big and comfy. I loved the showers, and the bed was amazing. The view out our window was beautiful, and it was a close walk to pretty much everything! We really enjoyed our stay here, and it was a great place for a small wedding reception!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dana S, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments; we really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. We are so pleased you enjoyed our location, guest rooms and the view. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with our stay at The Golden Hotel. The location was lovely, and our room (suite, since we were upgraded) was one of our favorites of all time. Everything was perfect. We really didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dana S, Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your 5 star review of our hotel and your absolutely wonderful comments regarding your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear that you didn’t want to leave and that everything was perfect– what great compliments! We hope to welcome you back if your travels bring you back to beautiful Golden, Colorado!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I recently spent a very long week at the golden hotel. While there was not a single event in itself that was horrendous, it was the culmination of these:

Computer system was down so we had to wait 15 minutes before we could get our keys.
Specifically requested a room away from the elevator, but received a room three steps from the elevators.
Front desk lost my dry cleaning.
Robes were torn and frayed.
Static in bed was so extreme it woke us in the middle of the night.
Every word of your neighbors could be heard through the walls.
The hvac fan was very loud.
The windows were not sealed. When the wind would blow, the curtains would move.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Talktoyou
Dana S, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

We are absolutely horrified to hear of your recent experience at our property. This is not the level or service we pride ourselves on, or that even comes close to the level of exceptional service our guests have come to be familiar with. We cannot apologize enough for you experiencing anything less than excellence. Please contact our hotel manager Dana Mielke to discuss your stay with her personally.