All reviews clear creek bridgewater grill within walking distance creek side charming hotel coors brewery colorado school of mines perfect location lots of pillows washington street downtown area the main street golden colorado bed was very comfortable rooms were very clean would definitely stay here again coffee maker
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I travel often to Denver for business and typically stay at Marriott properties. I travel for business and need to stay within per Diem. After two nights at A Marriott property down town Denver , did not have availability, so i needed a hotel between Denver and Boulder- Marriott had three properties in Golden with availability. After researching tripadvisor I decided to go the Golden Hotel in Golden. The hotel is in Golden proper, and the Marriott hotels are on the Highway near a mall.
I am happy that I picked this hotel. Golden is charming with a little town with restaurant and bars. There is a clear creek with a walking/jogging which is very pretty. The hotel is on the creek and our room faced the water. We walked to Coors and School of Mining.
If you want a charming hotel, in a charming town near Denver this is your choice.
I walked the other golden hotel on tripadvisor, ( which was more expensive), I liked the location
The Golden hotel better as it faced the creek.
I definitely will consider this hotel for my future Denver visit

Room Tip: Stayed in 407 facing the water- Loved it
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank galedd
Dana S, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to comment on your recent experience. We appreciate very much your kind comments, are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I spent a weekend at The Golden Hotel and enjoyed our stay. It strives to be more upscale, but it lacks some basic amenities. We had a larger room that overlooked the creek which was definitely a plus. Many of the TV channels had poor signals, so it was limited when you just anted to rest after walking through town. The front desk was wonderful when the two young ladies were behind the counter, but when the gentleman was behind the counter he was not very friendly (did not get any names). There is water in the lobby, but it would be nice if they had bottles in the room either for sale or as an added benefit to their customers. The worst thing was that the bathrooms had bottled soaps. Not sure what the brands were, but we were thankful to have brought some body soap. On a beautiful evening the outside bar that over looks the creek closes at 9:00. Overall okay stay, but not great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelplannerOhio
Dana S, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. As pleased as we are to know that you enjoyed our location and oversized guest room; we are extremely disappointed to know that you experienced some issues during your stay including the signal from your television. Upon reading your review we contacted our television provider to get this corrected so that we can provide our guests with all of the amenities we so proudly offer to their absolute fullest capability. We are also saddened to learn that you found one of our front desk agents to not be as friendly as the others, as we pride ourselves on delivering excellence in all aspects of our hotel.

As one of our many green initiatives we provide the bottled shampoo, conditioner and body wash; however we will gladly provide any guest with individual toiletries upon request delivered directly to your guest room as we are happy to accommodate our guests who choose not to use the bottled amenities.

The water in the lobby is also part of our green initiatives, in which we encourage guests to fill their reusable water bottles when possible. We do offer reusable water bottles through our front desk, so we would like to again take this opportunity to apologize that we did not make this clear to you during your stay. Accordingly, we will work on our communication, and sincerely appreciate your comments. We hope you would consider staying with us again, so that we can provide you the standard of excellence our guests so deserve.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here recently for 6 days while visiting family in Denver. I was impressed! The hotel is beautifully decorated, my room was huge, bed so comfortable I wanted to take it home and the staff! I cannot say enough about the staff, they were wonderful, went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed. The deck overlooking the creek is a great place for a glass of wine and a snack; the creek flowing by is so scenic. I only ate a couple meals here but the food was very good and the wait staff so gracious. Loved the little bone shaped blackboard at the front desk with the names of visiting dogs written on it each day! This will for sure be my "home away from home" whenever I'm in Denver.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Dana S, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your 5 star review of our property! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay including the service from our amazing team members and our in-house restaurant the Bridgewater Grill. We look forward to welcoming back to your “home away from home”!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I recently coordinated our first executive client event at this venue and all our guests left feeling quite pampered. The food was AMAZING, service impeccable and the rooms (guest and conference) worked out great. Thank you to everyone at The Golden for helping us host a wonderful event!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for selecting The Golden Hotel for your client event – we couldn’t be happier to know that your guests left feeling pampered and that they enjoyed both the food and the service. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team, as I know they too will appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I were attending the Colorado Photography Festival in golden Colorado, so I picked this hotel because it was within walking distance to the main festival location.

The room was wonderful, we asked for a quiet room facing the creek. (and got it) the noise from the creek was really nice (with the windows open). The bed was comfy, all the staff were friendly, and there's room service. We got there too late on the first night to order a bottle of wine from room service, but they said we'd have no problem going to the bar and getting a bottle. The staff helped me pick a bottle of wine that didn't disappoint.

They have bikes in their fitness center. and easy access to their wifi (you get the user name and password on your room key sleeve - and it worked without calling the front desk several times. this will be a place we visit again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dana S, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your 5 star review; we are thrilled you chose to stay with us during your recent trip to beautiful Golden, Colorado. We very much appreciate your wonderful comments and I will be sure to share them with the entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.