“Golden Review”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Arlington, Massachusetts, United States
“Golden Review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

We purchased a groupon for the room, and were able to upgrade to a suite because we wanted a fireplace. The room was great (navajo suite) and we had a nice view. We got room service one night and the food was delicious except the waiter forgot to bring ketchup and was surly when I didn't leave him a tip (there was a 16% gratuity automatically added on). I highly recommend the chocolate taco and banana bread french toast for breakfast.

Despite all these good things, the shower wouldn't drain. I told the housekeeper in the morning and she said she'd call maintenance up right away. When we returned to the room in the afternoon, no one had come to fix it. I called the front desk, and the maintenance guy came right away and attempted to fix it. He was very friendly but he couldn't figure out what was wrong. Later in the afternoon we returned and there were two plumbers in our room trying to snake the drain, making all kinds of noise, neighbors were knocking on the walls, and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. Finally, we went to the front desk to ask if they could come back tomorrow after we left and let us use another room to shower, which was fine. They gave us a $30 gift certificate for their restaurant for the inconvenience. I felt we should have gotten a night free, but we're not the type to complain. Overall they dealt with the problem pretty well, but we probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

I was not sure what to expect but I absolutely loved this property. The western decor is so cool and you can't beat the location on the main strip in Golden. We had an excellent dinner in the restaurant, I recommend the ribs!

The service was very attentive and the hotel was very clean. Overall a really great experience in Golden.

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

Wow, I knew of the Table Mountain Inn, but had never stayed there until last week. From the moment I arrived from being greeted upon checkin by Richard at the desk ( checked in early too, I was attending a meeting and was there too early and sure enough, my room was ready) to all the staff, everyone was professional and sincere . From the lobby, tomy amazing room with a fire place, and spacious with balcony, to living area everything. What a treat if you have no idea what the hotel is all about. The dinner was amazing along with a few new brews on the menu, one that is very special to them being so close to Coors Brewerey. And I ran into a colleague I have not seen a while and she said it was one of her favorite restaurants and she is from the Denver metro area.
So there you have it, an amazing place from people to atmosphere. I wish I spent more time in Golden because the location was perfect too.

Edwards, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

Recently attended a meeting in Golden at the Table Mountain Inn. Although I am not familiar with Golden, I would not have stayed anywhere else than here. The hotel has an ambiance that is perfect for Golden. My room was spacious and... exciting... exciting because the decor matches what Golden is about. We had dinner in their restaurant and I don't think I've ever had a better meal. The flavors and diversity of the menu is not to be missed. Their staff was so friendly, they anticipated my every need. Stay here and walk across the street to Woody's, their standalone pizza restaurant. With the hotel being walking distance to everything in Golden, this place you cannot miss.

Room Tip: Try to obtain a room overlooking Washington Street. To look over the street at the town of Golden c...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed at the Table mountain inn over Christmas- what a fantastic experience- the rooms were excellent and large, super clean and the stafff was also excellent. The restaurant was very very good and the Christmas Day buffet was the best we had ever experienced- it was paced all day from people coming from all over Golden. Kudoas to the manager and their staff- this really a good operation

Room Tip: Get a view room looking over downtown Golden
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Denton, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

The Entire staff was great!! We came here bc of the great rate and it was close to the Railroad Museum. We were making a fun, train weekend for the kids. The room was perfect and spacious for our family of 6. We have 1 yr old twins do we brought 2 pack-n-plays. There was plenty of room for the 2 cribs, all of our stuff and our family. We will definitely be coming back again. (hopefully without kids do we can enjoy the Coors tour) Excellent, CLEAN, friendly hotel with a small town atmosphere! Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012
Tustin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

First stay in this inn and I will definitely be back. Stayed 3 nights in December, 2012. Quick and easy check-in. Room was nice, had a patio with table and chairs outside. Nice big flat screen TV with more channels than I could watch. Comfortable bed and CLEAN. Friendly housekeeping staff. Free covered parking was a plus. Downtown Golden is a charming town with great coffee shops, restaurants, bars, and shopping. Close to Denver, Boulder, and easy to get to I-70 to go to the mountains.

Restaurant and bar downstairs served great food and drinks by friendly staff. Many local regulars enjoy the restaurant and bar as well. This is a hidden gem!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business