“Best Thai Food in the Denver Area”
Review of Thai Gold

Thai Gold
Ranked #14 of 151 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Best Thai Food in the Denver Area”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I lived in Thailand for four years. We speak Thai fluently and visit there about once per year. We know Thai food! We love trying Thai places wherever we go and were recently pleased to try Thai Gold. It was so good, we went back to eat there again three days later.

It is set in an old house, just off of the main street through Golden. The outdoor courtyard and street side seating area are nice in the summer. But the food is the main draw. It is as authentic and tasty as it comes! We were pleased to walk into the kitchen and see no less than 6 Thais all cooking there. We spoke in Thai with all of them. We love it when the cooks are the real deal. The Tom Yom Gai soup that comes with the lunch special was outstanding. The Pad See Eww, Green Curry, and Som Tom were all equally fantastic. We have found our favorite Thai restaurant in the Denver Metro Area. We drive all the way from Highlands Ranch to eat there, which is about 45 minutes. We can't wait to return!

• Visited August 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Thai food”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Tom Kha soup was not the best I've ever had but their "Deep Ocean" dinner was really remarkable if you are a seafood fan. Loved every bite. Very reasonably priced. Easy parking.

Visited July 2014
Des Moin
“Lousy Thai Food”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I returned to Golden on a business trip about a year after reviewing one of the better US sushi and Asian restaurants I have been to before or since my list visit to Golden. This time I stayed near downtown Golden and was in the mood for Thai and decided to try the highest rated restaurant of the type in the area - Thai Gold. First, the good news - the actual restaurant itself is in a 1900's home that is quite charming. The sad part about the restaurant is that is about all it has going for it. The entrees I ordered for myself and colleagues were very low quality thai food of the type I have had in airports and other less desirable fast food circumstances. I travel most of the US and Canada and frequently over seas and this is one of the worst thai food experiences I have had. Not THE worst, but incredibly poor and disappointing. I can only guess that the high reviews stem from a tight knit collegiate local loyalty mind set in the downtown Golden vicinity. The chefs and owners may be great friends and beloved by many but that does not mean they are good cooks.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Campers4Life
Atyrau, Kazakhstan
“Loved it.”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

They let you pick on a scale of 1-10 the hotness of the dishes. I went with an 8 and it made my nose run, but didn't melt my face off, but I love hot food. Had pad thai with shrimp and tom kha gai. Loved it! Service was great, felt like I was in Chiang Mai.

Visited June 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The food and service here was fantastic. The food was very delicious and substantial. An excellent restaurant.

Visited May 2014

Been to Thai Gold? Share your experiences!