“Alpine Slide”
Review of Heritage Square

Heritage Square
Ranked #19 of 56 things to do in Golden
More attraction details
Owner description: This recreation of a 19th-century, Victorian West village has a variety of shops and amusements.
Kansas City, Missouri
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Alpine Slide”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The alpine slide was fun for the kids but not so much for the adults. We were there during a heat wave and the slides were slow for us big people. My son loved it and I gave him my ride tickets. We didn't stay and do any of the park rides. Fun experience if you have never done it before and I would recommend it.

Visited June 2013

Lakewood, Colorado
“Amusement Park Review ONLY”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

WAY overpriced. Individual tickets are $1.25 and each ride is a minimum of 3 tickets. I realize that you can buy tickets in bulk and save A BIT, but it is still really pricey. Go to Lakeside in Denver instead. For little kids, Lakeside rides are only 50 cents each..... compared to $3.75. at Heritage Square Amusement Park.

Beyond the price issue, the workers seem to hate their jobs and either don't realize they are working with children or don't really care. There weren't just apathetic; most were downright rude. The guy running the carousel was a curmudgeon and seemed annoyed that a 3 year old couldn't climb down from a carousel horse on their own. They are not helpful or kind to the children.

One young guy was the exception. I wish I had gotten his name so I could tell management that he's the one who should get a raise. I certainly hope he's not making the same as some of those others.

Note, I don't work for Lakeside but I recommend to locals and out of town travelers to choose Lakeside Amusement Park instead. They are kind, helpful, sweet ride operators.

Texas
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Alpine slide a must”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I can't give a true full review for the only reason we go here when in town is the Alpine Slide. You ride a small sled like thing down a mountain. You must stand in line to get seated on a ski lift where only two can go up together. I mention this as a family a few before us had to ask another if one of their kids go with them. I think if less than 7 must have an adult. The lift is not scary but does go high. The slides are heavy and difficult to carry but not undoable. Lots of different ages and sizes were doing this and everyone did it. There are two tracks to go down. One designated as the "slow" track which required parents going down with any child must take. (saw a very young kid maybe two who loved it) The stick lets you slow it down. I'm a big baby and my first time at this many many years ago I took the slow track and used that stick alot. I realized that was not necessary one I got done, so I was determined to go as fast as I could this time. I did and loved it! My experienced hubby held my purse as he went down so I could focus. Saw so many kids just so excited to go. That was fun to watch. We did nothing else and have never done anything else. We did enjoy walking the old cowtown in the past. It's a tourist thing so we just look and maybe get an ice cream at the parlor. We then went to the amusement rides designed it seemed specifically for the young. There are paddle swans/boats and a zipline ride that adults could do. Maybe more but we just looked. Oh, there is a short go cart track too. Overall this whole place seemed fun and I'd like to take our nephew sometime. But if you're going to do something there do the Alpine Slide because it's totally worth it.

1 Thank texascouple67
castle rock, colorado
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Love the Alpine Slide!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We have not been to Heritage Square for many years. I have to say the Alpine Slide did not disappoint, but overall it seems that their standards have slipped. The amusement park has three different vendors and it is very confusing when it comes to getting a day pass because it only covers one vendor so if you want a day pass you have to buy it from three different vendors/locations. Why make is so hard? Love the fact that there is no admission and free parking. The maintenance of the public areas can use some TLC. Sad to see this, I hope this will change so that I will feel comfortable giving 5 stars next time.

1 Thank CRChris
Denver
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great Old Western town time.”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The best place to bring guest in from out of town to see and shop for sourviners. Great place for kids and not as expensive as the larger amusement parks. It's also close so you don't have to drive far to get the feel of being in the mountains and close by other attractions like Red Rocks.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank GingerBrandy

Been to Heritage Square? Share your experiences!