“So Sad to See it Go”
Review of Heritage Square

Heritage Square
Ranked #20 of 56 things to do in Golden
More attraction details
Owner description: This recreation of a 19th-century, Victorian West village has a variety of shops and amusements.
Golden, Colorado
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“So Sad to See it Go”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I take my granddaughter to the children's plays a Heritage Square's Playhouse. Recently, we saw The Emperor's New Clothes. She may not have gotten the moral behind the story but she loved the costumes, the personalities and the fun of going to the theatre. We're both sad to see the Theatre closing at the end of 2013.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't beat the Alpine Slide!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Overall park is, shall we say, less than modern, but the alpine slide is great for the whole family. Kids under 7 on an adults lap, not cheap, but great fun. Tip - if you want to go fast, make sure to wait so there is plenty of space between you and the rider before you.

Denver, Colorado
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Been There Forever”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Well, it's turned into a bit of a carnival ride place, but a couple of the rides are really unique. Warning - don't eat there.....the main grill is somewhat dirty - with lot's of bee's.

Kansas City, Missouri
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Alpine Slide”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The alpine slide was fun for the kids but not so much for the adults. We were there during a heat wave and the slides were slow for us big people. My son loved it and I gave him my ride tickets. We didn't stay and do any of the park rides. Fun experience if you have never done it before and I would recommend it.

Visited June 2013
Lakewood, Colorado
“Amusement Park Review ONLY”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

WAY overpriced. Individual tickets are $1.25 and each ride is a minimum of 3 tickets. I realize that you can buy tickets in bulk and save A BIT, but it is still really pricey. Go to Lakeside in Denver instead. For little kids, Lakeside rides are only 50 cents each..... compared to $3.75. at Heritage Square Amusement Park.

Beyond the price issue, the workers seem to hate their jobs and either don't realize they are working with children or don't really care. There weren't just apathetic; most were downright rude. The guy running the carousel was a curmudgeon and seemed annoyed that a 3 year old couldn't climb down from a carousel horse on their own. They are not helpful or kind to the children.

One young guy was the exception. I wish I had gotten his name so I could tell management that he's the one who should get a raise. I certainly hope he's not making the same as some of those others.

Note, I don't work for Lakeside but I recommend to locals and out of town travelers to choose Lakeside Amusement Park instead. They are kind, helpful, sweet ride operators.

Visited August 2013

Been to Heritage Square? Share your experiences!