“Great place to visit in a great little town”
Review of Old Capitol Grill

Old Capitol Grill
Ranked #44 of 149 Restaurants in Golden
Price range: US$10 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place to visit in a great little town”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband I stopped her for some beer and appetizers the other evening. It was pretty quiet in there, but the weather wasn't the greatest either plus it was a Sunday Evening. I had two coors light drafts and we split the zucchini rounds with beer cheese. These were delicious and they gave you so much. We ate them all of course. Our server was super friendly and gave us recommendation for other things to do when in Golden. We would come back and again and visit. Thank you!

• Visited April 2014

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Interesting building, tasty meal”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had dinner here on a Monday evening. The restaurant was clean and we were seated immediately, and not on top of other diners. The meals were quite good (we had meat loaf, rotisserie chicken and nachos), with very big portions. The service was less than stellar - once the food was served we did not see the waitress again until she brought the check. We would eat here again, and hope for a different server.

Olathe, KS
“Decent but nothing special”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

The food taste good. Generous portions, but all of the sandwich come with Texas toast to fill you up! The kids lunches come with ice cream so that is a plus.

Thousand Oaks, California
“Dinner in Denver”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

After a long day of IT training a few of us went to Old Capitol Grill for a pint and something to eat. It hit the spot and I got to try some local beers. Food was good and after that we walked to the Coors brewery for a tour. great way to end the day.

Aspen, Colorado
“Don't waste your money with better places in Golden....”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Like another reviewer, I have tried to give this place the benefit of the doubt by eating there 5 or six times in as many months, and I always leave with a bad taste in my mouth, literally and figuratively.

Their idea of a salad is woefully lacking-it's like being in Britain in the 1950s, where the lettuce, "cheese", etc are as if they were from food rationing and the leftovers from the high table.

I asked for a green salad with Salmon and basic Balsalmic dressing. The salad was iceberg, chopped with a butcher knife, drizzled with cheese of a cardboard delicacy that was totally dehydrated, served with bits of refrigerated salmon that appeared to have been fried and frozen with zero flavor, topped off with some strange dressing that I could not figure other than something resembling ketchup?? Oh, on the same plate were two large slices of fried toast that consumed half the plate....
How the hell can you ruin a simple salad- go to Old Capital Grill....
I feel like I ate with Basil Fawlty and paid an absurd price to boot.
These folks need to do honor to the building and location that they occupy. I shall go across the street next time to a deli that really cares and serves GREAT food without the attitude or low/poor quality that distinguishes the Old Grill.

• Visited March 2014

Been to Old Capitol Grill? Share your experiences!