“Italian Food at its Best”

Mannie & Bo's Pizzeria
Ranked #47 of 151 Restaurants in Golden
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Voted BEST PIZZA in Denver 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015! Our pizza is always hot, fresh & made to order--our dough, sauces, meatballs & sausage are homemade. Proudly serving the Golden, Colorado area for over 27 years! We offer dine-in, pick up, catering, take-n-bake, and online ordering!
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I was at an estate sale and we over heard someone rave about Mannie & Bo's Pizza and decided to check it our for ourselves. The wait was long but well worth it, I had the cheese ravioli and one meat ball with garlic toast and my husband had a meat ball sandwich. It was very good and we will be back to have more.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great happy hour deals from 4pm to 7pm. Friendly service, and good food. It's a great neighbor joint to hang out. The food does take a while, but it's worth the wait. Order some appetizers that come faster; I recommend the pepperoni toast and the chicken wings. The calzones are really good, and the sauce that comes with them is even better. If you try a bloody mary, I'm warning you, they are spicy! I can only handle one. Sit in the bar area; that's our favorite part of the restaurant.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I know it's winter but Mannies is home of the COLD pizza. It's colder than their beer. The drivers must be "high". Pizza smelled like smoke if you know what I mean. Delivery takes forever. I warmed pizza in my oven and gave up on this place!

1  Thank sleeper h
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

This was a welcome surprise on the road and a great follow up to the Coors Brewery tour. The green chili appetizer was amazing and the Matador pizza was off the chain. We like spicy....from Texas after all so these were great choices. Friends had the Hawaiian and it was great too. The thin crust is amazing, flaky, obviously homemade...fantastic and I've had pizza in NYC and Chicago. This was better...enjoy!!!

1  Thank TexasTravelerIV
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I've decided this pizzeria only caters to Mines students and locals. They do nothing to invite new customers. They don't really care. Ambience is stripmall standard. Pizza was just mediocre. Not very flavorful. Wait for a deep dish was excruciatingly long, although you are warned by yellow signs that it will take 30 minutes; more like 45 minutes. Bathroom is unisex and never available. Service was terrible. No smiles, no customer service, no going back! So many places with better pizza and a better time.

2  Thank Cologal78
Ann Marie B, Owner at Mannie & Bo's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

TSHub,

Our menus CLEARLY indicate deep dish pizza takes a minimum of 45 minutes, not 30 minutes (30 minutes is the estimate for a thin-crust). I'm sorry you missed this as I can tell by what you wrote it set off your entire experience. As for our bathrooms, we have 3! Yes, 3, one ladies room, one men's room, and one unisex. I'm sorry if you only saw 1 restroom but the 3 restrooms are all next to each other so how you missed that is beyond me.

No, we certainly do not cater only to Mines & locals, and we do plenty of advertising to bring in new customers that is why we are busy all of the time (and keep winning Best Pizza in Denver contests over & over). Again, sorry your thought your experience sucked because your food didn't come out fast enough & you couldn't wait for a restroom --afterall, we seat 150+ so if we are a full house, most people are smart enough to figure out that there will be some kind of wait.