I recently spent 3 days at the Marriott Denver West on a business trip, and found the stay to slightly less than my expectations of this level of hotel. A brief summary of what I liked and disliked:
- The rooms on the first floor, like mine, have a walkout porch, which had two chairs per room. It overlooked a grassy area in the back, and was by the pool. A nice touch.
- My room was quiet, considering the hotel is near the freeway. It seemed to be well insulated from sounds from the windows and hallway.
- The health club was well equipped, and I appreciated the basket of fruits that were provided.
- In the lobby there is an internet terminal and printer, which can be used to update flight reservations and check-in for the flight and print out boarding passes. However, I am not sure if it is free.
- The room condition was below standard. The bathroom tile and fittings seemed very dated – both in age and style. Some of the fittings were loose. The curtains were threadbare, and some carpet patches were worn. The bed headboard was scratched up. This was, of course, the state of my room only, and may not be the case for all rooms.
- High-speed internet connections in the room, which were wired, not wireless, was an extra $10 per day. For a hotel to cater to business guests in particular, one would expect complimentary internet access, but even if there is a charge, $10/day seemed high to me. Also, wireless access would be appreciated.
- Small sundry items could be purchased from the gift shop in the lobby, which is convenient, but even standard toiletries were for sale. While most hotels will provide things like toothpaste and pain medication, we had to purchase these from the shop.
- The restaurants at the hotel were limited and expensive. There is only one restaurant open for breakfast, and another one that is only open for lunch and dinner, so there are no options. Also the restaurant seemed expensive to me: $25+ for an standard entrée; $7 for a house side salad.
There are reasons to recommend this hotel, but there are areas that need improvement, which makes for a mixed bag overall.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Denver Marriott West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Denver Marriott West Hotel Golden
- Marriott Hotel Golden
- Marriott Golden
- Golden Marriott