“Comfy place to rest & recover”

Denver Marriott West
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We just wanted to stay in the room in was so comfortable. I was recovering from altitude sickness and was surprised at how comfortable this hotel was.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

I'm sorry that you were sick during your time in beautiful Colorado, but glad to hear that our hotel provided you a comfortable place to recover. Please join us again to enjoy the hotel and the surrounding area!

Reviewed 7 June 2011

Stayed here for a business conference late May 2011. One of the attendees of the conference had her car broken into during broad daylight hours. She did not have any valuables in sight, they did major damage to interior trying to hotwire.

She called the police and when they arrived to complete the report they indicated this hotel does not have security cameras for their parking lot and have had repeat calls regarding break into cars in that parking lot both during the day and at night.

I would not feel safe staying here if I had to park a car, I was fortunate as I had a ride to/from the conference.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mmjb43
MarriottWestMgmt, General Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2011

I was very disappointed to learn of this incident taking place. We take the security of our guests inside and outside of the hotel very seriously and work closely with law enforcement to provide and enforce security in our parking lot. The local police department and our own staff patrol our lot several times day and night to circumvent any potential incidents.
We appreciate your business and truly hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future and surpass your expectations.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

Unremarkable Marriott. Appears to be an older facility with a facelift. Rooms are small but updated. My A/C died on day two but the maintenance guy fixed it in 10 minutes. I wish the maids would keep their hands off of the thermostat when I leave for the day. I hate returning to an 80° room. Other bothersome aspects of this place is the $12/Day charge for internet service and the lack of HD channels although the room is outfitted with a lcd tv. $200/night seems a bit steep. No minifridge like most other Marriotts. Food is decent and the staff seems friendly.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 18 October 2010

This is a basic Marriott hotel. I had no complaints. It was unspectacular. The room was ordinary. A fridge would have been appreciated. The restaurant was good, with a limited menu. It has a gool location near the Colorado Mills Mall and not far from the Coors Plant, which has a great tour.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank FairwayFound
Reviewed 23 September 2010

It's hard to review a hotel like Marriott without sounding too positive, since most things are really quite excellent - as you might expect. Yes, the room was clean and comfortable. The service was great. The meeting rooms were well managed. Again this was all exactly as I would expect.

My only complaint - and I post this here specifically for all Marriott managers to consider - is the ridiculous policy of charging for in-room internet access. This particular hotel charges $12/day for in room internet access.

Question: How is it that average hotels like Super 8 and Holiday Inn Express can afford to provide this service complimentary, but hotels such as Marriott which charge quite a bit more for the room also feel the need to charge for Internet access?

Charging for Internet access nowadays is like charging for television access 30 years ago. Every time I pull out my credit card to get Internet access, I feel like I'm back in the Reno Motel 6 dropping quarters in the television. Is this really the experience you want your customers to have?

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank YoPedro
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We stay here sometimes on our occasional trips to Denver to get out of the mountains. We always find it to be clean, quiet, and with great staff. On this visit the window of one of our rooms wouldn't open; maintenance staff were at our door to fix it within 5 minutes of our call.

Our only complaint has nothing to do with the hotel - on this trip our activities ended up being based in downtown Denver, so we had to do more driving than expected. But it's only 15-20 minutes to downtown.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank kevin_from_AKandCO
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I stayed here last week for 4 days on business. The rooms are nice & the bed was very comfortable. There was a small desk & side chair in the room as well as plenty of drawers for storage.

My favorite part of the hotel was the workout room, which was small but had nice equipment, including flat screens on the treadmills, etc, complimentary headphones, fruit, towels, and water. This gym was really quite a treat!

I had dinner one night at the hotel restaurant. My quesadillas were good, as were the cosmopolitans. The staff was friendly & there when I needed them, but also let me eat at a leisurely pace.

My only suggestion to someone who isn't used to highway noise is to request a room that doesn't face the highway. The highway noise isn't awful, but it is there & might keep you up if you aren't used to it.

The mall across the highway had just about every kind of restaurant you could want (Hops, On the Border, The Yard House, California Pizza Kitchen, Mimi's Cafe...etc). The hotel will take you there & back if you ask, which is nice!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephintexas
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2010

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience in our hotel as well as our convenient location. Thank you for being our guest and come again soon!