“Concert trip to red Rock”

Denver Marriott West
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Topeka, Kansas
“Concert trip to red Rock”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Very close to Red Rock Amphitheater (less than 10 minutes). Ask for room facing away from the highway. Marriott Rewards members get complimentary breakfast buffet on the weekends. We were very happy with our choice and would stay here again when in Denver.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us while enjoying a concert at beautiful Red Rocks amphitheater. I'm glad to hear the you enjoyed the weekend breakfast now being offered across all Marriott hotel's to our Platinum and Gold level members. Please join us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fine, the night staff has no control over the place. I was awoken by loud partying outside from the front of the hotel and several rooms. This began at 1 am and thus ensued almost 2 hours of trying to get the night clerk to do something about it. I was told that the Red Rocks venue just got out and that it was ok with the hotel that people party. Security guard and clerk said that they preferred the 30 or so people drink, smoke, and congregate outside, rather than in their rooms. This went on past 2:30, at which point I was offered a different room so I could sleep. Traveling as a single mom with 2 kids, one of whom is special needs, made this untenable. Manager next morning did refund my money. I appreciated this gesture, but would never stay here again. Apparently the night staff is not aware that they are actually the ones in charge of the place. Even had a drunken redneck get up in my face in front of them and say he was on vacation so he could do whatever he wanted. Stay at one of the other many places in town.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review and taking the time to share your concerns. We deeply regret the situation you experience and I offer my most sincere apologies. It is certainly expected that our staff are in control of the activities in the hotel and on our grounds and that those activities in no way compromise the comfort of other guests. The issues that you experienced are not typical of our hotel. Regardless, we did not deliver the experience that you deserve. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future and allow us to serve you well.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I am a Marriott frequent flyer and stay at their hotels all over the country. I've been either Silver or Gold with Marriott every year for the past 15+ years, so my point is that I have a lot of experience and loyalty to Marriott. But after this visit it all went up in smoke. I was flying into Denver after a lengthy weather-related flight delay. I called the hotel to let them know that I would be arriving after midnight and I was travelling with my 12-year old daughter for a soccer tournament so I wanted to be sure they did not give away our room. Person on the phone assured me that it was noted in the account and that our room would be ready when we arrived. Super tired, grumpy and ready to get to bed we arrived around 2:30 am. Was told that they gave away our room and could not accommodate us. They put us up at a different hotel (Courtyard) 15 miles away (another 20 minute drive after a long day). There is no excuse to not have a room for me when I had a reservation, the hotel has my credit card, I called ahead of time to give a heads up for late arrival, and the hotel knows I am coming. NEVER EVER staying at this Marriott again. Hilton is treating me better than ever now.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike S
Thank you for your review and for your loyalty to Marriott. I apologize that your guest room was not available when you arrived, especially after calling to let us know your situation. Communication among our team members is of the utmot importance and is key to delivering a quality experience. We clearly missed the mark and added to an already unpleasant trip for you and your daughter. Please accept my apologies. I hope that should you visit Denver again, you will allow us the opportunity to regain your trust and rebuild your loyalty. Thank you again for your feedback.
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I usually stay in Marriott brand hotels and I really want to say nice things about this one but there was some room for improvement. The front desk staff was very nice and accommodating. Allowed us an early check-in when we arrived ahead of schedule, which was nice. However, when we got to the room we found that it just wasn't very clean. The bed looked like someone had been sitting on it and we kept finding random belongings of other people laying around (a hair scrunchie beside the bed, someone else's sock in the closet). The property was nice but I think maybe their housekeeping staff needs some improvement. Everything else was good though.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Heather B
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
I appreciate that Marriott is your brand of choice and thank you for taking time to post a review of the Denver Marriott West. It is a pleasure to have nice comments made on Trip Advisor, but it our responsibility to earn the compliment. I apologize that there were issue with cleanliness in your guest room. I want you to know that we take your comments very seriously and I have shared them with our team so that they can improve their attention to detail and ensure an exceptional experience for all our guests. I hope that you have the opportunity to join us again and experience our great service along with an impeccably clean room.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Went out for a red rocks show. Hotel was convenient to show and had plenty of places nearby to eat and shop. The breakfast buffet was good with cook to order station. Rooms were clean and service was friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Family and I had a nice two night stay at the Marriott. The hotel had a business conference going on so lots of comings and going but generally the hotel noise level was quiet. Room was clean..bathroom was very tiny, smaller then any of the Courtyards or Fairfields on our trip. The Internet charge bugs me, since free at the other family of Marriott, but whatever helps their margins I guess. Room service dinner was good..bit over priced but after day in the mountains, family enjoyed staying in. Beds and pillows were typical Marriott..excellent. The pool..needs some help. Temp was okay, but missing tiles and needs an update ASAP. Overall..nice stay, staff was okay, the baby bunnies outside in the garden were a nice touch, but could use a bit of updating to keep up with competition..even within the Marriott amply of hotels.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank stever817
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
I thank you for being our guest and apologize that our pool area was not up to par. Your feedback is very important and I have shared with out staff so that we can improve our attention to the detail of the outdoor pool. It is a terrific area and a welcome refresher during these hot summer days. I sincerely hope that you have an opportunity to return and enjoy!
Chicago
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Room was fine, but on the small side. The bed was very comfortable. Food and service was good in the cafe. Staff were helpful and friendly and we got into our room early. The weather was hot and we went to the pool. The indoor pool and hot tub looked nice and clean. I really wanted to take a dip outside but the pool was too dirty to use.

• Stayed June 2013