“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Mountain Center, California
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Everything about the hotel was pleasant. Even though there was some upgrading going on, it didn't deter from the experience. The staff was friendly and helpful at both the reception desk and the restaurant. Room service was excellent. The food in the restaurant was good. My room was clean, roomy, comfortable and had a nice view of the mountains. All the amenities were good except I refused to pay the $12 and something for the wifi. I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PamelaPotter
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you for choosing the Denver Marriott West. I hope that you will be able to join us again and experience the same great staff and even better food in a terrific new lobby/restaurant space!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Denver West Marriott in October of 2013. The room was very clean, staff was pleasant and helpful. The wifi is not complimentary. In this day and age, I think this is just gauging the customer. I realize most guests are corporate travelers but really, what's next, pillow fees.

Room Tip: Room near the elevator are noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan P
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
I thank you for being our guest and for taking time to post a review. Our staff takes pride in providing exceptional service and making your stay comfortable. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, I know that internet access can be an important component of your stay. While we do provide complimentary internet in our lobby and restaurant areas, I appreciate your feedback regarding the in-room fee. Your input is important as we strive to provide the products and services that are most valuable to all of our travelers.
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed at the Marriott for 1 night while in Denver. I booked a holiday rate with the hotel and it was $55 for the night, with tax. An excellent deal. The hotel is undergoing some remodeling right now for the front desk and restaurant areas. The "make shift" front desk was set up like a normal front desk and I honestly didn't notice much of a difference. The restaurant/bar area is temporarily set up together. Check in was smooth. The room was very clean, bed was comfortable and room had nice amenities. We didn't have any trouble with noise, though we do where ear plugs to bed. The hotel is located near a bunch of business home offices and training facilities, so I suspect they are incredibly busy during the week. It's about 15 minutes from downtown Golden, which is a fun place to visit and the downtown area has free parking. The hotel also has free parking. The pool and hot tub are large, though we didn't use them. There is a Starbucks at the hotel too. The room was a bargain, worth a lot more than $55 a night, but I'm not complaining! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Buffy24
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
I am thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our terrific 5280 special and that you enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel even while undergoing a renovation. I sincerely hope that you have the opportunity to join us again and are able to experience our terrific new lobby and restaurant space. Thank you for being our guest!
Germantown, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel previously and enjoyed the hospitality, friendly staff and comfortable accomodations. When I arrive on this trip I found the hotel to be undergoing renovation which in the long run will be good, but the construction noise while having lunch was annoying. I will stay here in the future, but won't return until renovations are complete.

Green Features: Pretty common, reusing towels etc I know that Marriott practices recycling.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CYGolden, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Hi Jim! I certainly hope that on any visit you have with us in Golden, we can exceed your expectations. I am unsure about the construction/renovation that you are referring to - we have not had any construction or renovation related activitiy for almost a year! Perhaps your visit was at a different location? Nevertheless, we hope that you will give us an opportunity to to show you how awesome we can be on your next visit to Golden! Have a wonderful day - Sam Kluth, Operations Manager
Port Huron, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here for a night while heading to the Rockies and it was a perfect choice. Easy to find right off the highway. Huge Outlet Mall right close by. The hotel was under renovation but had no effect on our stay. The staff was most accommodating, the room quiet and comfortable.Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business. Easy to find, nice property and good rooms. Mine had a balcony, which was a bonus. The staff was really friendly and the bar was perfect. The bed was super comfortable, and featured pillows of varying firmnesd. My only complaint was the lack of quiet. I could hear everything in the halls, a baby crying in the room next door and doors closing when people left their rooms. It wasn't the end of the world, but it was a bit annoying as I was trying to fall asleep. This is the only reason I could not give this property a full 5 stars.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dsewell5150
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to post a review. I appreciate your feedback regarding the noise and apologize that your restful night's sleep was disturbed. We will certainly make every effort to address your concern and sincerely hope that you have the opportunity to join us again.
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

My wife and I spent two nights in this hotel and really enjoyed it. It is located near the front range of the Rockies where we visited the Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Cabrini Shrine, Buffalo Bill Cody's grave and nearby Golden, Co. It is also near a very large mall with lots of shopping and plenty of places to eat. It is west of Denver and away from all the industrial looking areas. Our room was very clean and the service was exceptional. They were doing some renovation of the lobby which everyone was very apologetic about. We would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and I'm glad that you enjoyed the unique and diverse attractions in our area. Our lobby renovation is an exciting project and appreciate you being with us in the interim. I am confident that you will appreciate the comfort and design of the new lobby and restaurant space. Please join us again!