“Good location”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Minneapolis, MN
“Good location”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed here for one week. The lobby was under construction so hopefully things will look better after it's all done. There's all kind of food across the free way. Lookout Mountain is only 15 minutes to the west and it take a minute to hop on to the freeway.
I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I needed a place to stay for a business trip to NREL. This hotel was located within a mile of NREL and was close to a lot of good restaurants. The rooms were very nice and quiet. The lobby was under construction so that made it difficult to meet with colleagues in the morning or evening. The bar had limited selection but that may improve with the completion of the lobby renovation project. The fitness center was excellent it had a good selection of cardio and free weights. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room to get away from the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for being our guest. I am sorry that the final weeks of our renovation created inconvenience for you, but please know that our fantastic new lobby and restaurant area are complete and ready for your enjoyment. I sincerely hope that you can join us again when you are in Denver as we are just a short walk from NREL.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I stopped in here after a long day of travel prior to heading up towards the resorts. It is conveniently located and staff was very nice. Rooms are clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. I ordered room service the night before and arrived right on time. I thought it was a bit pricey for now being downtown, but otherwise no complaints.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I come to this hotel often. Currently under renovation and some of new features are modern and fresh. The first room they gave me was not cleaned. However they quickly moved me and comped my breakfast. Would recommend they not put Sinhalese women on the first floor. I've never had an issue there but just bring cautious. Can't wait to see what the hotel looks like when it completely done.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Leslie O
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for again being our guest. I apologize for the error upon your arrival. I have shared your response with our team so that they can ensure the right steps are taken to eliminate any future errors. I appreciate and agree with your input regarding the first floor rooms and have also shared with our team. The renovated space is going to be an exciting addition to the hotel and we look forward to you experiencing the new space on your next trip. Thank you again!
Mountain Center, California
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Everything about the hotel was pleasant. Even though there was some upgrading going on, it didn't deter from the experience. The staff was friendly and helpful at both the reception desk and the restaurant. Room service was excellent. The food in the restaurant was good. My room was clean, roomy, comfortable and had a nice view of the mountains. All the amenities were good except I refused to pay the $12 and something for the wifi. I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PamelaPotter
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you for choosing the Denver Marriott West. I hope that you will be able to join us again and experience the same great staff and even better food in a terrific new lobby/restaurant space!
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Denver West Marriott in October of 2013. The room was very clean, staff was pleasant and helpful. The wifi is not complimentary. In this day and age, I think this is just gauging the customer. I realize most guests are corporate travelers but really, what's next, pillow fees.

Room Tip: Room near the elevator are noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan P
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
I thank you for being our guest and for taking time to post a review. Our staff takes pride in providing exceptional service and making your stay comfortable. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, I know that internet access can be an important component of your stay. While we do provide complimentary internet in our lobby and restaurant areas, I appreciate your feedback regarding the in-room fee. Your input is important as we strive to provide the products and services that are most valuable to all of our travelers.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed at the Marriott for 1 night while in Denver. I booked a holiday rate with the hotel and it was $55 for the night, with tax. An excellent deal. The hotel is undergoing some remodeling right now for the front desk and restaurant areas. The "make shift" front desk was set up like a normal front desk and I honestly didn't notice much of a difference. The restaurant/bar area is temporarily set up together. Check in was smooth. The room was very clean, bed was comfortable and room had nice amenities. We didn't have any trouble with noise, though we do where ear plugs to bed. The hotel is located near a bunch of business home offices and training facilities, so I suspect they are incredibly busy during the week. It's about 15 minutes from downtown Golden, which is a fun place to visit and the downtown area has free parking. The hotel also has free parking. The pool and hot tub are large, though we didn't use them. There is a Starbucks at the hotel too. The room was a bargain, worth a lot more than $55 a night, but I'm not complaining! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Buffy24
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
I am thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our terrific 5280 special and that you enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel even while undergoing a renovation. I sincerely hope that you have the opportunity to join us again and are able to experience our terrific new lobby and restaurant space. Thank you for being our guest!