“Nice hotel and people!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel and people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here on a visit to family. It was very nice. The people were terrific. The lobby re-do mentioned by others is apparently finished although they were working on the entrance while we were there. Breakfast was terrific -- better off the menu than from the buffet, depending on what you're ordering, of course. The bar area was very pleasant for socializing. Easy access to I-70.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
I am so glad that you were able to enjoy our fantastic new lobby and restaurant area. it does provide terrific space to gather with family and friends while you are in town. We are excited that the exterior work will be wrapping up this week just in time for some beautiful spring weather. Thank you for staying and please join us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Arlington, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This place is good. Overall, I am happy with my stay so far. My room was clean and I has no complaint about it.

I have access to the concierge lounge on the 6th floor. Breakfast was great. I like the fact that it also has oatmeal and fresh fruits. Nothing during lunch time though. Dinner snacks were awesome -- especially for today, which they have Mexican egg rolls (the chef here must be very good). The lady, Leora, is also very friendly and nice. She takes care of all guests very well and spotlessly cleans tables after guests leave.

Gym was a good size. There are also a swimming pool and a whirlpool, but I did not get a chance to use it.

I will come back here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite site of the highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for being our guest and taking time to comment on your experience. I will certainly share with our Concierge Lounge staff. They are terrific and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed here for one week. The lobby was under construction so hopefully things will look better after it's all done. There's all kind of food across the free way. Lookout Mountain is only 15 minutes to the west and it take a minute to hop on to the freeway.
I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin D
Fairfax Station, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I needed a place to stay for a business trip to NREL. This hotel was located within a mile of NREL and was close to a lot of good restaurants. The rooms were very nice and quiet. The lobby was under construction so that made it difficult to meet with colleagues in the morning or evening. The bar had limited selection but that may improve with the completion of the lobby renovation project. The fitness center was excellent it had a good selection of cardio and free weights. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room to get away from the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for being our guest. I am sorry that the final weeks of our renovation created inconvenience for you, but please know that our fantastic new lobby and restaurant area are complete and ready for your enjoyment. I sincerely hope that you can join us again when you are in Denver as we are just a short walk from NREL.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I stopped in here after a long day of travel prior to heading up towards the resorts. It is conveniently located and staff was very nice. Rooms are clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. I ordered room service the night before and arrived right on time. I thought it was a bit pricey for now being downtown, but otherwise no complaints.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I come to this hotel often. Currently under renovation and some of new features are modern and fresh. The first room they gave me was not cleaned. However they quickly moved me and comped my breakfast. Would recommend they not put Sinhalese women on the first floor. I've never had an issue there but just bring cautious. Can't wait to see what the hotel looks like when it completely done.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Leslie O
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for again being our guest. I apologize for the error upon your arrival. I have shared your response with our team so that they can ensure the right steps are taken to eliminate any future errors. I appreciate and agree with your input regarding the first floor rooms and have also shared with our team. The renovated space is going to be an exciting addition to the hotel and we look forward to you experiencing the new space on your next trip. Thank you again!
Mountain Center, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Everything about the hotel was pleasant. Even though there was some upgrading going on, it didn't deter from the experience. The staff was friendly and helpful at both the reception desk and the restaurant. Room service was excellent. The food in the restaurant was good. My room was clean, roomy, comfortable and had a nice view of the mountains. All the amenities were good except I refused to pay the $12 and something for the wifi. I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PamelaPotter
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you for choosing the Denver Marriott West. I hope that you will be able to join us again and experience the same great staff and even better food in a terrific new lobby/restaurant space!