“Very nice, but noisy”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Golden
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Very nice, but noisy”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel with every amenity including wifi, pool, exercise room, restaurant, bar and more. Our rooms were very nice and the staff was excellent. The location is perfect and easy to get to. Parking is ample. The only complaint I have is the noise. The walls are somewhat thin and they have those kind of doors that SLAM shut automatically. I must have heard a hundred slamming doors in my 19 hours there. They should loosen up those springs a bit, because it is really obnoxious. Otherwise the place was nice and I would probably stay there again, as it is close to family.

Room Tip: Ask for an outward facing room for the view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TMWalters504
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for choosing the Marriott West for your travels to Denver! I am so glad that you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel and apologize that our door closers disrupted your rest. I truly appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with our team leaders so that we may take action to improve. I hope that you will continue to join us when visiting the area and that you notice an imrovement on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Always stay here when I come to Golden. Newly remodeled entry is great. They have opened up copper creek and it looks great. Excellent service. And the Marriott bed is the best!!! If you are looking for a great hike head to the end of the road. The trails are great with great views of the city.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Leslie O
MarriottWestMgmt, General Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Leslie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Marriott Denver West hotel. The staff and I are thrilled that you enjoy your stays with us.

I hope that your travels continue to bring you back to us many times in the future.

Spokane, WA
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We spent 4 nights here and were pleased. The staff was excellent and very helpful and very friendly. Having the shuttle available to take us to the mall and come get us was great. Since it is so close to the on and off of the freeway it made it convenient to go other places. We had breakfast and dinner in the restaurant and while the dinners were good, we cannot recommend the breakfast. We do not do buffets so ordered off the menu but most of the food came from the same for the buffets so was cold - that included the potatoes, bacon and all except for the eggs and omelets are made fresh. It was great that the hot water was really hot which is often not the case in hotels - in fact we had to be careful of scalding ourselves when washing our hands. We also were pleased that wifi was free. The room was nice - pretty standard and clean - very important. We were disappointed that the Jacuzzi was just a whirlpool tub and not very hot with no jets. We wish to praise Marriott for hiring people that have disabilities and allowing them to be front and center where they should be and this alone gives them 4 stars.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and overlooked the outdoor pool and it was fairly scenic.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GMASpokane_WA
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the hotel. The staff and I appreciate your kind words and feedback. We focus on constant improvement and offering fantastic service.

I hope that you will choose the Marriott Denver West the next time you travel to the area.

Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Although not located in downtown Denver, the location isn't bad as it's only 15-20 minutes from downtown historic Golden and there are shopping centers and restaurants nearby. The staff at the front desk are very nice. The staff running the concierge lounge were incredibly good. There isn't a real Starbucks inside, but they do have a Starbucks machine and serve many things that a real Starbucks has. I was able to get my chai tea latte without a problem. I didn't use the indoor pool or jacuzzi but some of my co-workers did and they said it wasn't bad. There's a gym too but I didn't use it. There's plenty of parking and bunnies (several babies) on the property. Some were even at near the hotel entrance. I asked for a room far away from the elevator as I needed to get up early, but beware of what you ask for! My room was a very long walk, down several hallways, from the elevator. And the hotel seems to be popular with high school kids in town for athletic events. The kids were noisy and hanging out in the hallways talking and flirting and going from room to room. There was a lot of slamming of doors. It was a bit noisy but they quieted down by 10:00 or 11:00. The walls can be a bit thin too as I could hear all the kids gathered in the room next door. Luckily, I turned on the fan and that drowned out the noise.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with balconies. Some rooms are quite far from the elevator down several hallway...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JasKalBrn
Good afternoon,

Thank you for sharing the feedback from your stay at the Marriott Denver West. Your comments help the team and I to improve our guests' experiences at our hotel.

I hope that we have the opportunity to service you in the very near future.

United States
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here and loved it! Definitely a hotel we will return to! No charge for parking. Close to freeway, shopping and many restaurants. We stayed here and visited Golden, Monument and Downtown Denver. The staff was fabulous and extremely helpful!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MsSmart64
Thank you so much for the kind words and the praise of our hotel staff. I am fortunate to have the opportunity to work with such a great team.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our 3 night stay at this freshly renovated property was terrific. The hotel was very clean, free internet, free parking and all the staff were very friendly. The food was great and the area was beautiful. The staff we spoke with consistently praised working for Marriott Corp. Reluctantly withholding one star due to our room view was a brick wall about 25 feet away, however, I'm sure they would have moved us if I'd asked.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tryker
Good afternoon,

I appreciate the time that you have taken to share your comments regarding your stay at the Marriott Denver West. The team and I are so happy that you enjoyed our hospitality.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Noisey but convenient for my business. Prefer the Marriott Denver tech center by far. This place was clean and the service was good but I doubt I will go back. I will say marriott properties have the most comfortable beds by far and this place was no exception!

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OutdoorLover4Life
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your review of the hotel and I aplogize that you experienced noise during your stay. Your feedback is important and valuable as we certainly take your comments to heart and will do our best to correct the situation. I agree that our beds are most comfortable, but I do understand that needs to go hand-in-hand with quiet comfort for a good nights rest. I hope that you can join us again and allow us to provide a more restful experience.