“Not really worth it”

Denver Marriott West
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We needed a place to stay and a lot of the hotels I called were booked up. I was frustrated and ended up with the Marriott. The hotel is located in a super convenient location. The room was ok but not work 280, it was just very average, nothing special. The soap, shampoo and conditioner smelled so so so good I probably would have bought some. There is a restaurant and bar down staid that was nice. In the morning we went down to have breakfast and the gentleman that helped us was so nice. He went out of his way to get us maps and recommended places for us to go. He was so friendly it made us consider staying there a second day but that room just is not worth the cost. I wish I would have caught the name of the nice man that helped us he is awesome!

• Stayed: July 2014
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

I know how frustrating it can be to have difficulty finding a room while on the road, but truly appreciate you choosing the Denver Marriott West. I'm glad that you enjoyed the sundries in the room and that you had a great experience in the restaurant. I have shared your comments with your server and he wanted me to pass along that it was his pleasure to serve you. I hope that you have an opportunity to join us again!

There are newer reviews for Denver Marriott West

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice area. The lobby was great. Individual stalls to watch flat screen tv. There wet 4 large chairs or couch in each stall to sit and visit. I had king room. Very comfortable and clean. You will have to buy breakfast and it's not cheap there

• Stayed: July 2014
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our lobby space. We underwent a complete renovation of the space earlier this year and it is wonderful to know that it contributed to a great stay. Please know that we frequently offer rates with and without breakfast so that you can book according to your needs. Our team looks forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is our second time staying here and we really do like it. Restaurant is good with good friendly staff. Front desk team very helpful and friendly. Amenities are good. Quiet stay, great concierge lounge....very good. The restaurant offers a great breakfast! Only negative would be the bathroom is tiny! And there were some stains on the ottoman in our room. We will stay again. Highly recommend it. Last time we got to take in some pool time....very nice. We are Marriott Elite members and this is one of our favs.

Room Tip: Go concierge level!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so glad that you enjoyed the amenities and the convenience of the Concierge Lounge. I hope that you can join us again soon to enjoy the relaxation of the outdoor pool! Thank you for taking time to review as your feedback is important to our success. We look forward to you joining us again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was the host hotel for my daughters wedding the weekend of July 12-13, 2014. Everyone working at the hotel went out of their way to accommodate our wishes. They handed out all of the "Welcome Bags" to the correct guests, even though there were 3 wedding parties at the hotel that weekend. They wanted to make sure they knew about our transportation hosts to help our guests get on the correct limo/party bus to the reception. They even allowed early check-ins and a late check out from the hospitality suite where we had a brunch while the newlyweds opened gifts on Sunday. We had 48 rooms booked and I heard nothing but praise for the lovely hotel. The beds were very comfortable, the hotel hallways quiet and the lighting was great in the bathroom. (Not something you always find.) In addition the pool and fire pit were really fun. Great furniture to relax. When there were too many of us in the lobby talking and drinking, they offered a conference room, free of charge, so we could hang out in there and have our own party.

On a different subject they provided recycle trash cans in every room. That made me happy... and we totally used them. The little kids in the party absolutely loved the little bunnies that hopped around all over the property and the landscaping and flowers were lovely. I guess it happens with every magnetized key but ours quit working a few times and I understand it is because we kept them with our cell phone in the same pocket or pouch. I left my cell phone charger somewhere so when I asked at the front desk if they found anything, they brought all of them out from lost and found. None of them were mine but I thought that was a great gesture on their part.

I also loved the contemporary decor and the food was great. We had room service breakfast for 10 of us ladies getting ready for the wedding in the hospitality suite and it was outstanding and so was the presentation. It was rolled in on a lovely tall wooden table with flowers and every detail making it special. They even gave "the bride" a free latte from Starbucks that is on property.

We had two babies in our party still needing bottles so I asked for refrigerators in their rooms and they were there when they checked in. They offer anyone who asks for it a 5lb bag of ice from the front desk. All in all it was a fabulous stay and I wanted one more day to relax.

Room Tip: A room on the first floor is closest to the pool, fitness center and fire pit and the stairs were an...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your families special day! We do have a terrific staff and they especially going the extra mile to ensure that our wedding guests have an exceptional experience. We know that planning and executing can be hectic and our job is to make it simple and enjoyable. I'm glad the weekend was a success! It was our pleasure to have you here and hope that you will join us again...perhaps for a special anniversary celebration!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here 7/4/14 for a nearby wedding. We had a king bed room and it was very nice. The bed was comfy, the pillows were great. We had all the usual amenities and a nice collection of complimentary toiletries. The towels were thick. We had asked for extra towels and pillows and they were waiting for us. The hotel is very nice, spacious, has a bar and lots of places for intimate gatherings in the lobby. It looked like they had a little store for toothpaste and such. The have a restaurant, but we didn't eat there. They do not have complimentary breakfast, but you can order breakfast to be brought to your room. Pool is outdoors and looked very clean and welcoming. it was quiet and right across the street from CO Mills mall with a Super Target, so you are really close to a store if you need something. Close to the highway, but you can't see it or hear it. A/C is controlled with a little box on the wall and it worked great. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We really enjoyed our stay. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a upper story so you'll have a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest! I'm glad that you found the hotel comfortable, clean and convenient. I hope that you will join us again and have the opportunity to try dining in Copper Creek or enjoy a meal delivered to you poolside. It will be our pleasure to serve you!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

After being in an awful hotel the night before wow, this place is so great. I was able to check in early everyone at the front was amazing. It was very busy and they made me feel so welcomed. Asked for more towels, I got them immediately. Bed is so comfortable. Wifi is very fast and easy to connect. Starbucks at the coffee bar. Huge shopping area with many restaurants is right up the road and Bandimere raceway is 8 minutes away. Congratulations Marriott for having a great location and an equally great staff!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony so nice
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Late on Friday night, after flying from NYC for a meeting early Saturday, I arrived at the front desk to find out I'd booked at the wrong hotel. (That's another whole story but beware using links that come up on Google for hotels--it might be Expedia fronting as said hotel)
The woman at the desk told me where my real hotel was and I was so tired I just decided to buy a night at this one and sort out the reservation--already paid for though I did not authorize it--at the wrong hotel. When I asked what the rate was I was really bummed because I knew there had been a rate offered to event attendees which I could have gotten had I not been highjacked by Expedia. The person at the desk went to go check with her manager and returned saying "We'd be happy to extend the group rate to you. You've had a long day." What a relief and what great customer service.
My entire stay was like that, helpful friendly people, a super comfy bed and nice room, and the food is delicious in their restaurant. And it's nicely decorated if that matters.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your great story. Our staff really takes pride in providing exceptional service and I am glad that they were able to bring positive light to your long day of travel. We appreciate your group selecting the hotel and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Happy travels!