“Great hotel as expected - watch for the cute little bunnies” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Denver Marriott West

Denver Marriott West
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Mapleton, Utah
“Great hotel as expected - watch for the cute little bunnies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

It's hard to review a hotel like Marriott without sounding too positive, since most things are really quite excellent - as you might expect. Yes, the room was clean and comfortable. The service was great. The meeting rooms were well managed. Again this was all exactly as I would expect.

My only complaint - and I post this here specifically for all Marriott managers to consider - is the ridiculous policy of charging for in-room internet access. This particular hotel charges $12/day for in room internet access.

Question: How is it that average hotels like Super 8 and Holiday Inn Express can afford to provide this service complimentary, but hotels such as Marriott which charge quite a bit more for the room also feel the need to charge for Internet access?

Charging for Internet access nowadays is like charging for television access 30 years ago. Every time I pull out my credit card to get Internet access, I feel like I'm back in the Reno Motel 6 dropping quarters in the television. Is this really the experience you want your customers to have?

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank YoPedro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

We stay here sometimes on our occasional trips to Denver to get out of the mountains. We always find it to be clean, quiet, and with great staff. On this visit the window of one of our rooms wouldn't open; maintenance staff were at our door to fix it within 5 minutes of our call.

Our only complaint has nothing to do with the hotel - on this trip our activities ended up being based in downtown Denver, so we had to do more driving than expected. But it's only 15-20 minutes to downtown.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kevin_from_AKandCO
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

I stayed here last week for 4 days on business. The rooms are nice & the bed was very comfortable. There was a small desk & side chair in the room as well as plenty of drawers for storage.

My favorite part of the hotel was the workout room, which was small but had nice equipment, including flat screens on the treadmills, etc, complimentary headphones, fruit, towels, and water. This gym was really quite a treat!

I had dinner one night at the hotel restaurant. My quesadillas were good, as were the cosmopolitans. The staff was friendly & there when I needed them, but also let me eat at a leisurely pace.

My only suggestion to someone who isn't used to highway noise is to request a room that doesn't face the highway. The highway noise isn't awful, but it is there & might keep you up if you aren't used to it.

The mall across the highway had just about every kind of restaurant you could want (Hops, On the Border, The Yard House, California Pizza Kitchen, Mimi's Cafe...etc). The hotel will take you there & back if you ask, which is nice!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephintexas
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 20 August 2010
We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience in our hotel as well as our convenient location. Thank you for being our guest and come again soon!
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

Stayed at this very clean Marriott property in Golden. Rooms were somewhat small, well decorated with a nice desk. However, the bathroom was tiny. Sorry flat screen TV fans, they're not here, but it's no big deal. Asked to have my initial room changed because they put me in the room closest to the freeway (and the highway noise), and the front desk was very accommodating. Ate one night in the Blue Mesa restaurant...service was very very slow (one hour for a mediocre Buffalo burger @$12) and the place was not busy. Plenty of restaurants and a mall across the interstate. The hotel shuttle will take you and pick you up..nice feature when you don't have wheels. Generally a good experience..but avoid the Blue Mesa.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank SpartyIndianapolis
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 2 August 2010
I'm glad that you enjoyed the convenience of the hotel, but sorry to hear of your experience in Blue Mesa Sports Grill. We will address timeliness of service based on your comments. Good news for future visits - Flat screen TVs are in the works and will be installed in the coming months. I hope that you can enjoy on your next trip to Denver.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

My husband and I traveled to Denver with friends for a wedding and had a great stay! We've always had great experiences with Marriott hotels, but we loved the convenience of the outdoor pool, onsite Starbucks and hotel bar/lounge. It was also a great location for shopping and easy highway access. I actually left an item in my room and upon learning of it missing when I returned home I called and was told they found it and were rushing it back to me at no charge! That is great service!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kdubs7
MarriottWestMgmt, Owner at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 20 July 2010
Thank you for being our guest. We are so glad that you enjoyed the location, amenities and service of the hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience and please visit us again!
Worthington, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

The rooms are small. Our room had a large red stain on the carpeting. The bathrooms are equally small. The pool is OK. The front desk staff is very friendly.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank atstpier
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

The ENTIRE staff at the Denver Marriott West were amazing.
Everyone was extraordinarily friendly and very helpful....from the front desk, room service, Starbucks barrista, bartender at lunch to the gal washing the front entryway every morning. What a pleasant surprise for everyone in our group.
Unfortunately, we were so busy with the wedding in Denver that we were unable to use the pool or the fitness center so I cannot comment on those two items.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank brosemama
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, 26 June 2010
Thank you for being our guest and we hope that you can join us again!