“Horrible Food - Will Never Return”
Review of Cody Inn - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cody Inn
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I have been to The Cody Inn numerous times in the last several years and loved its quaint charm and delicious food, particularly the weiner schnitzel. I discovered that the restaurant was no longer owned by George, but decided to give it a try anyway in November 2009. We ordered mussels that tasted like pencil erasers and smelled so horrid we asked that they be removed from the table. We ordered the rack of lamb, which had also been a favorite of mine before, but this time it was bland and tasteless. My brother ordered the weiner schnitzel and claimed it was grizzly. My sister ordered the fish and stated that it was both fishy and mealy. The steaks were so oversauced it was difficult to taste the quality of the beef. I truly loved this place when George owned it and it was always on my list of places to go in Colorado. The new owner hovered over a nearby table for at least 15 minutes while we waited for our dinners. Perhaps he should have been in the kitchen supervising. I'd rather eat at Denny's.

Reviewed 24 August 2009

My wife and I had dinner at the Cody Inn for the first time in over 20 years. I'm not sure why it took so long to return but it will not be 20 years before we eat there again. The food was very good with some different twists on traditional Continental cuisine. Seasonings and spices were unusual and outstanding. We had the clam chowder and calamari for appetizers and both the clams and squid were tender and beautifully done. We were told that the seasoning in the chowder was rosemary but there was something else that made it unusual and very tasty. The calamari had a slight Asian flavor, served on a bed of cabbage, and was almost a meal in itself. For entries we had the Pepper Duck which was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious and the Medallions of Veal Martiniquaise that was rich and flavorful with the combination of avocado and gruyere cheese complimenting the veal perfectly. We were so full that we couldn't have dessert.