“Handy to the mountains”

La Quinta Inn Denver Golden
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We have stayed here several times before and really like the location. Easy on to I-70, close to restaurants and a great price. Breakfast wasn't very exciting but we found enough to satisfy. Nice size room with king bed, desk and large bathroom.

Room Tip: We requested a first floor room and got on the north side. Lots of highway noise but really didn...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 6 February 2013

There wasn't anything inheritantly wrong with this property, but I would probably not go back. It was very easy to locate, and the service was very nice. My room was adequate, but felt very "bare bones" and basic, not warm and comforting. Literally, when I walked in the heat wasn't even on in early February, and the room was really cold. I guess I prefer a little more pampering and comfort when I am away from home, which is why this hotel just wasn't my perfect scenario. There was only one shampoo, (no lotion or mouthwash) and small, thin, rough towels. Also, I was travelling alone this day and didn't feel super comfortable that the rooms were accessed from outside, not an indoor hotel like I expected.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Chose this establishment mainly due to its proximity to I-70 (it's right off of the highway), and the short drive to the casinos of Black Hawk. The room rate wasn't too bad either (much cheaper than the casino-hotels on a Saturday night). Check-in was quick and the on-duty staff member was very nice. I walked into the (nice) room, put down my gear and then walked into the bathroom and saw... a litter box. This is a pet-friendly place and I guess either the previous occupants left in a hurry or I should have asked the front desk for my complimentary cat. I stayed in the room because the litter box was clean and there was no odor. The staff had no clue as to how housekeeping missed/ignored this box. For some reason housekeeping also didn't clean the tub thoroughly and didn't throw away the used soap bars, but they put new towels and toiletries in the bathroom. The front desk comped me 50% of the nightly rate and that was fair. As other reviewers have stated, the complimentary breakfast was fine with juices, cereals, bagels, oatmeal and a waffle maker. If that doesn't appeal to you, there is a Denny's restaurant directly across the street. To sum up, the building is old, but the rooms are nice for the price and the staff is very friendly. Just watch out for those stray litter boxes//mh

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the building opposite the highway if possible. Decreases your chances of gettin...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Murray8ch
A TripAdvisor Member
Fredonia
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I chose this hotel because of previous good reviews and am pleased to add my own. The room was clean and warm when I arrived. The wall heating unit was quite loud. Breakfast included real juices and fruit and was well stocked. Check in and out was fast and easy. Located just off the freeway with a gas station and Denny's right next door. Perfect.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

We booked this trip to meet family from the west coast for a family eventand reserved a king bed room for 3 nights. There was a slight problem upon checking in as the type of room promised at the time of the reservation was not available. The hotel agreed to drop the price of the room for the first night and then get us into the correct room the rest of our stay. We decided not change rooms after the first night and the staff accomodated us, even though they held the other room for us, and even agreed to reduce the price of the second night's room. Upon checkout, I was very pleasantly suprised to find the discounted rate was extended to cover all three nights... they certainly went out of their way to make us happy. We will certainly plan on staying at La Quinta the next time we are in Denver!

Reviewed 18 December 2012