“Nice night”

La Quinta Inn Denver Golden
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Golden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Upon arriving in Golden for a 6-night stay, checked in at the front desk and had to deal with an ignorant desk clerk. She loudly announced, "Oh, you booked your stay with us through a third party. Too bad. You'd qualify for bonus points if you'd book directly with us." I mentioned that I didn't care about the points, as I was able to book the room for $16 less per night by going through Expedia." She said, "Yeah, but through our site, you could have more leverage for special deals and flexibility if you need to leave earlier than you'd plan." At that point, I quit talking and she realized I was irked. She then began talking in this higher-pitched, sweet voice that made me cringe...wishing me a great trip to Colorado and great fun in the Golden area. I ignored her and just went into "function mode," wanting my room key and a quick escape. Her "reprimand" that was spoken loudly for gaining the attention of other customers in line behind me was distasteful. I believe she had spinach stuck in her front teeth, too. Not a welcoming sight.

Room Tip: getting a room on the back side of the facility helps to avoid road noise!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The internet was very slow! Sometime there is just no internect conncetion! I called front desk and they always said they'll go check and call me back. But they never called back!!
also, this hotel does not have a fitness center.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Yilong Z
God's chosen county of Lancashire - England
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here for a week in 2010 and repeated the experience for the first 7 nights of a 33 night road trip. I'll refer you to my previous review, as little has changed - apart from the obvious (good quality) upgrading of the hotel! Thanks and I hope I'll be back again...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Basingstoke
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Having had a appalling experience in the Best Western in Rawlins, Wy, we desperately wanted somewhere quiet to stay for a single night on our way in to Denver. My heart sank when we pulled off the highway only to find the hotel practically on the shoulder of the road. When we checked in and explained what had happened in Rawlins (with an Oscar performance from the Mrs) we got a room on the farthest corner of the complex and did hear a thing for the whole night. There are places to eat within walking distance if Denny's opposite isn't your thing.

Room Tip: Try and get rooms 235-240 or 335-340 for the quietest location away from the road
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dobbin145
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Updated and it really shows! Great location. Not much road noise but wonderful for an overnight stay! There is a Denny's across the street too. The room smelled slightly of smoke, probably from before the renovation but it didn't bother me. The only thing lacking was the breakfast bar. I would stay again!

• Stayed September 2013