“Easy access to Highway, quiet stay.”

La Quinta Inn Denver Golden
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Calabogie, Ontario, Canada
“Easy access to Highway, quiet stay.”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We booked here to meet up with family who stay here for business. We were pleasantly surprised how quiet it is, considered how close to the Highway we were. The staff are extremely accommodating and pleasant. The breakfast was good, coffee was weak, but I drink strong coffee. The room was clean, had been renovated recently, I believe. No chemical cleaning smells, like Febreeze. Access to downtown was easy, and close to many sites we wanted to visit.

Room Tip: We stayed near the back, but if you want to be close to the lobby, and don't want to go outside...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel provided us with mostly everything we were looking for, from location, service to value. All topped off with an impressive free continental breakfast :-) This location was easily accessible to all major highways, yet in a suburban setting. The hotel staff were all pleasant and eager to assist. Even when I arrived early, they wouldn't allow me to leave and come back after getting lunch, without first checking to see if there was an available room ready :-) The rooms were clean and adequately sized for the 2 of us in my party.
The ONLY thing I found lacking was the absence of an in-room safe. That would've truly helped out a lot and made me feel more secure about leaving valuables in room. So, we locked our valuables in our car instead.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Upon arriving in Golden for a 6-night stay, checked in at the front desk and had to deal with an ignorant desk clerk. She loudly announced, "Oh, you booked your stay with us through a third party. Too bad. You'd qualify for bonus points if you'd book directly with us." I mentioned that I didn't care about the points, as I was able to book the room for $16 less per night by going through Expedia." She said, "Yeah, but through our site, you could have more leverage for special deals and flexibility if you need to leave earlier than you'd plan." At that point, I quit talking and she realized I was irked. She then began talking in this higher-pitched, sweet voice that made me cringe...wishing me a great trip to Colorado and great fun in the Golden area. I ignored her and just went into "function mode," wanting my room key and a quick escape. Her "reprimand" that was spoken loudly for gaining the attention of other customers in line behind me was distasteful. I believe she had spinach stuck in her front teeth, too. Not a welcoming sight.

Room Tip: getting a room on the back side of the facility helps to avoid road noise!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The internet was very slow! Sometime there is just no internect conncetion! I called front desk and they always said they'll go check and call me back. But they never called back!!
also, this hotel does not have a fitness center.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Yilong Z
God's chosen county of Lancashire - England
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here for a week in 2010 and repeated the experience for the first 7 nights of a 33 night road trip. I'll refer you to my previous review, as little has changed - apart from the obvious (good quality) upgrading of the hotel! Thanks and I hope I'll be back again...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Basingstoke
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Having had a appalling experience in the Best Western in Rawlins, Wy, we desperately wanted somewhere quiet to stay for a single night on our way in to Denver. My heart sank when we pulled off the highway only to find the hotel practically on the shoulder of the road. When we checked in and explained what had happened in Rawlins (with an Oscar performance from the Mrs) we got a room on the farthest corner of the complex and did hear a thing for the whole night. There are places to eat within walking distance if Denny's opposite isn't your thing.

Room Tip: Try and get rooms 235-240 or 335-340 for the quietest location away from the road
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family