La Quinta Inn Denver Golden
Sheri's Motel(Lakewood)
Affordable Inns(Wheat Ridge)
American Motel(Wheat Ridge)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesgas stationwheat ridgecold cerealeasy accessconvenient locationfree breakfastroad noisestay there againthird floorparking lotone night stayclose to red rockswest sidedenverpet
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Cedaredge, Colorado
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I really enjoyed my experience. The hotel sets off the main Highway but is "tucked" away behind Denny's.. It made me feel a little more secluded, yet quite close to everything I needed. The breakfast bar was very nice, which made made my morning easy. Also for Dinner, all I had to do is walk across the street. There was a shopping center and grocery store a short distance away. Loved that there were places I could walk my dogs! I was in Denver for the Big Mile High Cluster Dog show and this hotel was perfect. I had my own entrance to the outside which was better for me and the dogs!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I give this property a "1" for the only two good things about this place:
1. They allow dogs, and
2. The ample suite size.
Other than that, this hotel needs A LOT of work. From access to rooms, to the one and only luggage cart being broken, to the 7 minutes it took to get hot water in the bath, this place is not worthy. There were other deficiencies, but you get the idea. To top it off, the staff really didn't seem to give a damn. Keep looking because you can probably do better.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mradin
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Denver Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

We've read your review of our La Quinta Inn Denver - Golden. We appreciate your feedback about the hotel, and we're sorry we didn't live up to your expectations. It's comments such as yours that will help us make needed improvements and we'll be sharing your feedback with our Maintenance team so they can look at the luggage cart and our boilers to ensure both are working as they should. We'll also make certain our entire staff reads the service comment. This is not acceptable to us, and know this will be addressed with our team.

A TripAdvisor Member
Leadville, Colorado
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Great place especially if you have to travel with a pet! The room was clean with a separate entrance from the front office. There is a field for your dog to run in and the food is good for breakfast. I can't think of anything I didn't like. Pets stay for free - this was the final reason I chose La Quinta over other accomodations.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We recently had a terminally ill family member admitted to a medical facility nearby. Family members were flying in and I wanted to book a room and pay for it since I am a La Quinta Rewards member. The clerk on duty told me they could not do that. The person paying for the room had to be present with the credit card - or I could fax credit card authorization. I don't have a fax machine, which I personally consider so last century technology in my residence. I reiterated just to make sure I understood, I could book the room using my points but I could not book the room and pay for it for out of town family members facing a death in the family. The clerk on duty was quite insistent and definitely not at all sympathetic that rules were rules and I had to be present with the credit card before I could book and pay for a room. Consequently, we stayed at another motel, very helpful, and ended up with two rooms for four nights. This experience definitely did not do anything to make me a La Quinta loyalty customer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jodell L
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Denver Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Hi Jodell, Thanks for your comments about your recent experience with our La Quinta Inn Denver - Golden. We're sorry about what happened when you contacted our team and tried to book and pay without being present. We'd like to talk with you further about this situation and were hoping we could ask you to contact us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com. We appreciate your comments and hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Our skiing foursome stayed overnight in the Golden La Quinta around 15 years ago, to rest and acclimate to the altitude somewhat, before heading up into ski country. We repeated our trip to Colorado ski country, with the same folks, in mid-January. So, we decided to stay at the same La Quinta, in Golden again!

It is much nicer than I remember it being back then. The room and bath were very clean and tidy, and the bed was ultra comfortable. After flying in from Orlando, we got a very good night's sleep. And Wi-Fi in all the rooms! Also, they offer a free continental breakfast in the breakfast room. Friendly and helpful staff and great location, right off of I-70. And there is a Dennys and a Mexican restaurant (that even serves breakfast!) right acoss the street!

This La Quinta is hard to beat, if you are spending some time in Golden, or west Denver!

Room Tip: The elevator is on the east side of the inn, if you don't want to climb the stairs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple