“Average at best”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Simi Valley, California
“Average at best”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The bed was comfortable. That's the best I could honestly say. Check in took too long for someone with a reservation. The room overall was average. Had to air it out to clear whatever scent the crew had used to clean (or cover previous smells). One wall lamp was loose and tilted about 30°. The shower head didn't have much pressure, no matter what setting I used. the sink water took a long time to heat. The worst part was the complimentary breakfast. There was one pre-made egg and lots of biscuit gravy when I arrived. I skipped both. By the time I left 15 or so minutes later, the staff was just getting to replenishing the egg (the tray was removed, but in the time I finished my last bite, cleared my plate and grabbed a fruit for the road, the new tray did not arrive). Other selections were carb-heavy or kid's cereal.

Room Tip: Hotel is far enough from traffic that all rooms would be quiet. No elevator, so request first floor...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank David S
William L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Denver West/Federal Center, responded to this review, 24 June 2014

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Besides the insect ridden rooms, lousy breakfast and horrible service I was falsely charged for smoking in the room, when I attempted to dispute the charge through my bank they submitted fabricated photographs of somebody elses room as evidence, liars and crooks avoid avoid avoid!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank David H
I apologize for the hotel not being up to your standards. We do not fabricate evidence to show smoking. We have no reason too. We take evidence from the room at checkout if smoking occurred. We want a smoke free environment for our guest and we charge a hefty penalty if this is violated.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I chose this place because of location and price. The room seemed clean, but I didn't like the way that it smelled (some kind of aerosol?). The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was adequate. Now for the negatives. No elevator. Carpet in stairwell and upstairs hallway needed to be vacuumed. Blinds in stairwell needed to be dusted. Took too long to check in. Otherwise, okay, but I don't think I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate the feedback and will use it to better our hotel.

Golden
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel was great. The service was excellent, the bed comfortable and I enjoyed the whole experience. The only thing that troubled me was I reserved the room on Trivargo and was told the room would be $85.00 per night, but when I got the bill it was 97.50 per night. I didn't notice this until I got home. When I called to ask about this, I was told the booking service charged 21% and that was the extra charge. I have not had this happen at any of the other hotels I have stayed. Very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

William L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Denver West/Federal Center, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will coach the front desk on checking for the proper rate which in this case was done incorrectly. I apologize for this and would like you to contact me at the hotel and I will figure out what happened. I do not know which reservation this is or I would contact you.
Kind Regards,
GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Golden
Quality Inn & Suites Golden - Denver West - Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Table Mountain Inn
Table Mountain Inn
#1 of 18 in Golden
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden
Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Denver West/Federal Center? Share your experiences!