Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood
US$176
TownePlace Suites
US$145
Denver Marriott West(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$177
  • Pool
US$258
US$189
AscendHotels
US$135
Courtyard Denver West/Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$154
Courtyard
US$206
US$182
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$164
Eldora Lodge(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$188
TripAdvisor
All reviewsan extended stay hotelwashers and dryersfront deskstocked pantrystaying long termcooking facilitieslending lockerpots pansnice kitchenetteking sizefull kitchenhonor systemtv channelsstayed here for one nightlaundry roomfirst floorwould stay here again
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I booked a reservation and then went to the hotel the day before so see what the rooms were like. I could smell smoke in the hotel, because they allow smoking in some of the rooms. I said that I would not accept a smoking room. They checked my reservation in the computer, made a note, and guaranteed I would NOT have a smoking room.

The next day I check out of my previous hotel, a very nice place where I was getting a discount for an extended stay. I arrived at Candlewood at 3:45, 45 minutes after the allowable check-in time. They told me that I was NOT guaranteed a non-smoking room and that they had sold out of non-smoking rooms.

So I lost my discount at the previous hotel and was on the street, because THESE PEOPLE CANNOT NOT GUARANTEE NON-SMOKING ROOMS.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank scott s
Candlewood Suit... D, Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear scott s,

Thank you for taking the time out to complete a review. Please know that we take what you have to say to heart. I know that you may have been verbally confirmed a nonsmoking room, though please note that upon making the reservation, you had originally booked a Standard Room. This is also defined as a 'Non-preference' Room Type. At the hotel level, we should never be guaranteeing a room type, so for that I sincerely apologize as we typically only offer requests. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, we were unable to honor your request for a nonsmoking room. I hope you can give us another chance in the future to make this right! Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is a lower priced chain that provides a bit less service. But my room was clean, and the staff was nice. I especially like that I get a frig, dishes, and microwave; and get a nice workable desk and chair instead of just a bed. I would stay here for a week or two very easily if I were in town for an extended stay. I have lived in hotels for weeks before, and I wouldn't mind this one.
If you want a "regular" hotel, pay the extra couple bucks and go to one. This chain doesn't staff up, so they don't charge you for the extra staff you don't need on an extended or business trip.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Candlewood Suit... D, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear BreakfastOutMI,
Thank you so much for the kind review. We really appreciate your feedback and your understanding of what the Candlewood Culture is truly about. We hope to see you again in the future. Happy Holidays!

The Candlewood Suites Team

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed here while passing through Denver on our way west. We used to live in Denver so were familiar with the hotel area, which was relatively close to many things. The hotel offered a comfortable room and small kitchenette, which was perfect as we were tired of restaurant dining. The little store within the hotel selling drinks, food, and toiletries was also nice. There was a laundry and workout facility on site though we did not use them. I've stayed in slightly more modern Candlewoods, though this one was just fine and was quiet. It was also conveniently located to the Belmar and Denver West shopping areas, as well as downtown Golden. And of course, very close to I-70 heading west.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Candlewood Suit... D, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

We are so happy to hear that you stayed with us while passing through Denver, and that you appreciated the location like so many of our guests! Yes, we are a bit older than some of the other Candlewood Suites, but we take pride in keeping the hotel clean and in tip-top shape. We agree that our rooms are very comfortable, and the amenities, especially our Candlewood Cupboard, was important to you. Hopefully, you will come and stay with us again soon!

Candlewood Suites, Denver West

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We attended a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheatre and stayed 3 nights at the Candlewood Suites. Our room was clean, and the bed and pillows were comfortable. We did not use the kitchen/fridge amenities. My only complaint is we were on the ground floor and the noise from the guest above us was quite loud at times. While trying to sleep in one morning (8:30 a.m.), the guest above us was making so much noise (not sure if they were jumping on their floor/our ceiling) that the pots on the stove in our room were rattling! I called the front desk to complain and they quickly followed up and the noise stopped. However,it happened again the next morning. Other than that, we had a pleasant stay. Good location convenient to Red Rocks. One other note...the address is Golden but the hotel is really in Lakewood area (as it's name implies).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear wanderlustatheart,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know that our location and the room you had were to your liking and contributed to making your stay that much more comfortable. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with the noise. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 September 2013

the staff there was very friendly and helpful at all times. they went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. great rates for long stays. very comfortable beds, and can't beat free laundry. I was really kind of sad to leave

• Stayed: August 2013

What a pleasure to know that your were able to enjoy the comforts of home at the Candlewood Suites Denver West! All of us here at the hotel work every day to be helpful and friendly so we are thrilled to hear you felt that we provided you with outstanding service. We agree that our beds are comfortable and our prices are reasonable. We are sorry you were sad to leave, but we are here to welcome you back any time! Thank you for allowing us to serve you.

Candlewood Suites, Denver West