“very surprised and will stay again”

Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Ohio
“very surprised and will stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

They are a very friendly hotel from the moment you walk in. I wasn't so sure about staying in a hotel with a kitchen, but wow it was so comfortable and clean. There was a odor in the hall but you have to remember there are others who are cooking in there kitchens and yes odors do linger. The room we stayed didn't have a odor and was clean and well stocked. The beds were so comfortable I must say one of the nicest we have been to. The staff was so helpful with any questions we had. There is a laundry and you can use it free which I had to look twice to make sure I was reading it right. They have a honor store with many things you can make instead of going out. I would recommend this hotel and will stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Candlewood Suit... D, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about the Candlewood Suites Denver West! We are thrilled to hear that you you were very surprised that we are so friendly and that your room was comfortable and clean! The entire staff at our hotel works very hard to make certain you have an outstanding experience with us. I do apologize for the cooking odors from other rooms, but know that we make every effort to eliminate them. We're happy to hear you liked the free laundry and Candlewood Cupboard, which we agree is so convenient! Please come and see us again!

Candlewood Suites, Denver West

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

My fiance and I are three weeks into a month long stay at the Candlewood Suites in Golden, Co.
We recently accepted new permanent jobs in the Golden/Denver area and moved here from Michigan. We needed somewhere apartment like to stay while we looked for permanent housing. This location was exactly what we needed. So far, the experience has been completely satisfactory.

I see that there are a few lackluster reviews posted here, and I would like to address those. You should know what you are signing up for with the Candlewood Suites. This hotel chain does not advertise itself as a luxury hotel. It is designed perfectly for temporary housing and was set up like a tiny apartment.

There is no room service or continental breakfast. The housekeeping services are offered weekly, or more often as needed/requested by guests. The rooms have a kitchen with full sized fridge with freezer, small stove, microwave, sink, toaster and is fully stocked with basic cleaning supplies, dishes, silverware, and other useful kitchen basics. There is a large workspace, comfortable beds, comfortable heating/cooling with thermostat in room.

The free wireless internet worked great. The staff was friendly and helpful. The common areas and rooms were clean. The hotel grounds (parking lot, patio) were also clean and safe. The location was convenient driving to US6 and I70, restaurants, downtown golden, downtown denver, shopping in Lakewood (which is very close to the hotel).

I highly recommend the Candelwood Suites if you are looking for temporary housing, and are interested in staying somewhere you can live comfortably, and take care of your own cooking.

Room Tip: Only one elevator on one side of the building. It was not a problem for us, since we are comfortable...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Candlewood Suit... D, Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Brittany C,

What an awesome review!! I love how you expressed what the 'Candlewood Culture' is truly all about. Yes, we are an extended stay hotel and we tend to cater more towards guests that will be with us long term, or that enjoy the independence of having their own little apartment. We really appreciate your feedback and how well you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to say such nice things and to inform others of what a great hotel we have here. Hope you have a great holiday season and we hope the rest of your stay was just as enjoyable.

Kindest Regards,

Candlewood Suites Management and Staff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms, Roomy, Many Free Amenities. I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again and suggest it to anyone looking for extended stay or just one night. Great location. I especially like that I get a frig, dishes, and microwave; and get a nice workable desk and chair instead of just a bed. The little store in the Hotel and free washer & dryers made it very convenient and saved trips out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Don B.,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We really love that you took advantage of all the great amenities we have to offer! Hope you enjoy your holidays and we look forward to seeing you again!

Kindest Regards,

Candlewood Suites Management
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I booked a reservation and then went to the hotel the day before so see what the rooms were like. I could smell smoke in the hotel, because they allow smoking in some of the rooms. I said that I would not accept a smoking room. They checked my reservation in the computer, made a note, and guaranteed I would NOT have a smoking room.

The next day I check out of my previous hotel, a very nice place where I was getting a discount for an extended stay. I arrived at Candlewood at 3:45, 45 minutes after the allowable check-in time. They told me that I was NOT guaranteed a non-smoking room and that they had sold out of non-smoking rooms.

So I lost my discount at the previous hotel and was on the street, because THESE PEOPLE CANNOT NOT GUARANTEE NON-SMOKING ROOMS.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank scott s
Candlewood Suit... D, Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear scott s,

Thank you for taking the time out to complete a review. Please know that we take what you have to say to heart. I know that you may have been verbally confirmed a nonsmoking room, though please note that upon making the reservation, you had originally booked a Standard Room. This is also defined as a 'Non-preference' Room Type. At the hotel level, we should never be guaranteeing a room type, so for that I sincerely apologize as we typically only offer requests. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, we were unable to honor your request for a nonsmoking room. I hope you can give us another chance in the future to make this right! Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Ada, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

This is a lower priced chain that provides a bit less service. But my room was clean, and the staff was nice. I especially like that I get a frig, dishes, and microwave; and get a nice workable desk and chair instead of just a bed. I would stay here for a week or two very easily if I were in town for an extended stay. I have lived in hotels for weeks before, and I wouldn't mind this one.
If you want a "regular" hotel, pay the extra couple bucks and go to one. This chain doesn't staff up, so they don't charge you for the extra staff you don't need on an extended or business trip.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Candlewood Suit... D, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear BreakfastOutMI,
Thank you so much for the kind review. We really appreciate your feedback and your understanding of what the Candlewood Culture is truly about. We hope to see you again in the future. Happy Holidays!

The Candlewood Suites Team
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed here while passing through Denver on our way west. We used to live in Denver so were familiar with the hotel area, which was relatively close to many things. The hotel offered a comfortable room and small kitchenette, which was perfect as we were tired of restaurant dining. The little store within the hotel selling drinks, food, and toiletries was also nice. There was a laundry and workout facility on site though we did not use them. I've stayed in slightly more modern Candlewoods, though this one was just fine and was quiet. It was also conveniently located to the Belmar and Denver West shopping areas, as well as downtown Golden. And of course, very close to I-70 heading west.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
We are so happy to hear that you stayed with us while passing through Denver, and that you appreciated the location like so many of our guests! Yes, we are a bit older than some of the other Candlewood Suites, but we take pride in keeping the hotel clean and in tip-top shape. We agree that our rooms are very comfortable, and the amenities, especially our Candlewood Cupboard, was important to you. Hopefully, you will come and stay with us again soon!

Candlewood Suites, Denver West
Mandeville, LA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We attended a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheatre and stayed 3 nights at the Candlewood Suites. Our room was clean, and the bed and pillows were comfortable. We did not use the kitchen/fridge amenities. My only complaint is we were on the ground floor and the noise from the guest above us was quite loud at times. While trying to sleep in one morning (8:30 a.m.), the guest above us was making so much noise (not sure if they were jumping on their floor/our ceiling) that the pots on the stove in our room were rattling! I called the front desk to complain and they quickly followed up and the noise stopped. However,it happened again the next morning. Other than that, we had a pleasant stay. Good location convenient to Red Rocks. One other note...the address is Golden but the hotel is really in Lakewood area (as it's name implies).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear wanderlustatheart,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know that our location and the room you had were to your liking and contributed to making your stay that much more comfortable. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with the noise. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Golden
Courtyard Denver West/Golden
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Baymont Inn & Suites Denver West/Federal Center
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden
TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center

Been to Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood? Share your experiences!