“Comfortable One Night Stay”

Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We got to Colorado a day early, so we needed a place to stay before we could check into our condo at Keystone. We picked this hotel because it only cost 10,000 rewards points.

We had a nice suite on the second floor, no smells in the hall, or room as other have complained. Very comfortable queen sized bed, A nice kitchen and bathroom. Very clean.

They offer free use of washing machines and dryers on the first floor(bring your own soap). No breakfast so bring your own to cook or eat out.

We will stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Candlewood Suit... D, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Hello IHG Rewards member! We so appreciate that you chose our hotel to use your reward points, and we're happy to hear your bed was comfortable and your room was very clean. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to make certain every guest room is spotless! Next time you are on your way to your condo, we will be here to welcome you back!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Very enjoyable night. First impressions weren't the best with the small front desk area. But reception was friendly. There was a slight smoke order in the 3rd floor hallway but none in our room. I'm guessing rooms were recently decorated. Smart decor with Ikea like cabinets in kitchen. Perfect setup for travelers who bring snacks, coolers, leftover meals. Large refrigerator, microwave, ans 2 cup coffee pot. Comfortable bed. Good location with Dennys just down the street for breakfast. Candlewood would be my choice in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peanutcup

Thank you so much for your response! I'm so sorry to hear your first impression of our hotel was not the best. Our lobby is small, but we are going to renovate it next year so we hope you'll return to see it! The rooms were all recently remodeled, and we whole hardheartedly agree that our hotel is the perfect place for travelers. Please return soon to your hotel of choice in Denver!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

They are a very friendly hotel from the moment you walk in. I wasn't so sure about staying in a hotel with a kitchen, but wow it was so comfortable and clean. There was a odor in the hall but you have to remember there are others who are cooking in there kitchens and yes odors do linger. The room we stayed didn't have a odor and was clean and well stocked. The beds were so comfortable I must say one of the nicest we have been to. The staff was so helpful with any questions we had. There is a laundry and you can use it free which I had to look twice to make sure I was reading it right. They have a honor store with many things you can make instead of going out. I would recommend this hotel and will stay again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about the Candlewood Suites Denver West! We are thrilled to hear that you you were very surprised that we are so friendly and that your room was comfortable and clean! The entire staff at our hotel works very hard to make certain you have an outstanding experience with us. I do apologize for the cooking odors from other rooms, but know that we make every effort to eliminate them. We're happy to hear you liked the free laundry and Candlewood Cupboard, which we agree is so convenient! Please come and see us again!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My fiance and I are three weeks into a month long stay at the Candlewood Suites in Golden, Co.
We recently accepted new permanent jobs in the Golden/Denver area and moved here from Michigan. We needed somewhere apartment like to stay while we looked for permanent housing. This location was exactly what we needed. So far, the experience has been completely satisfactory.

I see that there are a few lackluster reviews posted here, and I would like to address those. You should know what you are signing up for with the Candlewood Suites. This hotel chain does not advertise itself as a luxury hotel. It is designed perfectly for temporary housing and was set up like a tiny apartment.

There is no room service or continental breakfast. The housekeeping services are offered weekly, or more often as needed/requested by guests. The rooms have a kitchen with full sized fridge with freezer, small stove, microwave, sink, toaster and is fully stocked with basic cleaning supplies, dishes, silverware, and other useful kitchen basics. There is a large workspace, comfortable beds, comfortable heating/cooling with thermostat in room.

The free wireless internet worked great. The staff was friendly and helpful. The common areas and rooms were clean. The hotel grounds (parking lot, patio) were also clean and safe. The location was convenient driving to US6 and I70, restaurants, downtown golden, downtown denver, shopping in Lakewood (which is very close to the hotel).

I highly recommend the Candelwood Suites if you are looking for temporary housing, and are interested in staying somewhere you can live comfortably, and take care of your own cooking.

Room Tip: Only one elevator on one side of the building. It was not a problem for us, since we are comfortable...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Candlewood Suit... D, Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Brittany C,

What an awesome review!! I love how you expressed what the 'Candlewood Culture' is truly all about. Yes, we are an extended stay hotel and we tend to cater more towards guests that will be with us long term, or that enjoy the independence of having their own little apartment. We really appreciate your feedback and how well you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to say such nice things and to inform others of what a great hotel we have here. Hope you have a great holiday season and we hope the rest of your stay was just as enjoyable.

Kindest Regards,

Candlewood Suites Management and Staff

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms, Roomy, Many Free Amenities. I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again and suggest it to anyone looking for extended stay or just one night. Great location. I especially like that I get a frig, dishes, and microwave; and get a nice workable desk and chair instead of just a bed. The little store in the Hotel and free washer & dryers made it very convenient and saved trips out.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Don B.,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We really love that you took advantage of all the great amenities we have to offer! Hope you enjoy your holidays and we look forward to seeing you again!

Kindest Regards,

Candlewood Suites Management

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I booked a reservation and then went to the hotel the day before so see what the rooms were like. I could smell smoke in the hotel, because they allow smoking in some of the rooms. I said that I would not accept a smoking room. They checked my reservation in the computer, made a note, and guaranteed I would NOT have a smoking room.

The next day I check out of my previous hotel, a very nice place where I was getting a discount for an extended stay. I arrived at Candlewood at 3:45, 45 minutes after the allowable check-in time. They told me that I was NOT guaranteed a non-smoking room and that they had sold out of non-smoking rooms.

So I lost my discount at the previous hotel and was on the street, because THESE PEOPLE CANNOT NOT GUARANTEE NON-SMOKING ROOMS.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank scott s
Candlewood Suit... D, Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear scott s,

Thank you for taking the time out to complete a review. Please know that we take what you have to say to heart. I know that you may have been verbally confirmed a nonsmoking room, though please note that upon making the reservation, you had originally booked a Standard Room. This is also defined as a 'Non-preference' Room Type. At the hotel level, we should never be guaranteeing a room type, so for that I sincerely apologize as we typically only offer requests. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, we were unable to honor your request for a nonsmoking room. I hope you can give us another chance in the future to make this right! Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is a lower priced chain that provides a bit less service. But my room was clean, and the staff was nice. I especially like that I get a frig, dishes, and microwave; and get a nice workable desk and chair instead of just a bed. I would stay here for a week or two very easily if I were in town for an extended stay. I have lived in hotels for weeks before, and I wouldn't mind this one.
If you want a "regular" hotel, pay the extra couple bucks and go to one. This chain doesn't staff up, so they don't charge you for the extra staff you don't need on an extended or business trip.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Candlewood Suit... D, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear BreakfastOutMI,
Thank you so much for the kind review. We really appreciate your feedback and your understanding of what the Candlewood Culture is truly about. We hope to see you again in the future. Happy Holidays!

The Candlewood Suites Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Golden
Baymont Inn & Suites Denver West/Federal Center
TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Courtyard Denver West/Golden

Been to Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood? Share your experiences!