“" I could live here"”

Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 27 July 2014

A very decent place for the professional traveler, business person, or anyone needing the comforts of home. Great for longer term stays.
When I opened the door to my suite, I said to myself, "I could live here"
Very comfortable and spacious, with plenty of room to lay out your work.
A little kitchen , perfect putting in a few essentials to have on hand, and not always having to go out for eating .
With a comfy recliner and a nice flat screen TV- and a beverage & snack, what else could ya ask for.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jackie O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

Please do come back and live with us! Many of our guests stay with us for months and love it here! We are also happy to host guests for just a night or two. We are so very happy to hear that you found that your Suite met your needs, and are ready to serve you upon your return!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed for five nights while my husband attended a conference at NREL. The location was a little hard to find, as we arrived at night and the hotel is set back from the street. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable. It had a queen bed with a great mattress, though the pillows were a little soft. There was a nice large desk in the room with many easy-to-access electrical outlets. It also had a recliner. The full sized refrigerator and microwave in the room are a bonus.

There is a "cupboard" where you can buy basic breakfast and snack food. Prices are high, but it was helpful to us because of our late arrival. I'd suggest going to the SuperTarget or another store to buy provisions instead. Laundry facilities and barbecue area are also available to guests.

We did experience problems with our A/C unit. The wall thermostat didn't work properly and after repeated attempts to fix it, the maintenance guy finally disabled the unit and gave us control at the unit with the fan and temperature controls. Staff was responsive to our concerns, but it took a few attempts to get it right. The operations manager wrote a personal note of apology to us and gave us a gift card to a national restaurant, which was unexpected but appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed and candid response! It sounds like our team took good care of you, and I will let them know about your nice comments. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed so many amenities in your Suite. I do apologize that your pillow was too soft! We have been working on putting different pillows in our rooms so you'll have a pillow just right for you. Our staff met and discussed how to respond to AC concerns the first time. We hope you will come back and see us during your next NREL conference!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I checked in to my room and was immediately greeted with a horrible smell. The staff was sympathetic to my problem and were willing to relocate me the following night, since there were no other rooms available. When I went down to check on my new room they said that they were not able to relocate me because they still had no rooms available, even though they said that they had a room saved for me the previous night. They put an ionizer in my room when I was gone which made the room smell like bleach. However, they were able to find me another room the following day which was 100% better. No smell at all. My only complaint now is that the TV is extremely dim and there is no option in the menu to adjust the brightness. It's a Panasonic hospitality tv so the menu options are limited. I had someone at the front desk look at it and he seemed surprise. The only way to make out what is on tv is to turn off all of the lights and close the blinds. Hopefully they will get this fixed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kerry M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Kerry M,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here for 10 days and was glad we did. Central location and easy access to highways. The kitchen was nice, just wished they had a few more pieces of silverware. Rooms were clean and pretty sound proof. Liked having the ability to wash clothes at no charge and they have 5 washers and 6 dryers. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Softball_Mom_1979

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I am happy to know that you enjoyed our great location! I know my team is very focused on serving you well, and providing you with a sparkling, clean room so it's wonderful to hear your comments. Next time you stay with us, please let us know you'd like more silverware and we'll be happy to give it to you. Hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Have stayed here twice for 3 nights each time. Nice place - updated & comfortable. Wish king size beds were available.
On our first stay there was ice cream left in the freezer - honest mistake. But there was also an adult film left in the dvd player - that was quite shocking & disgusting to find.
Our second stay was great. The front desk lady kindly allowed us to stay in the same room for all three nights even though the original reservation was just for one night (we added two more nights and got the same room the whole time).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm very happy to hear your stay was pleasant and that the staff was responsive to your needs! I do sincerely apologize that ice cream and a DVD were left in your room. I have talked to the housekeeping staff and they have assured me they will pay closer attention, and I personally inspect rooms to look for this. Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night to see a show at red rocks. Great location for seeing a concert or heading into the mountains. Cab ride to red rocks was only $25 each way. Rooms are nice-clean and roomy. Only downside is there are no rooms with king sized beds.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us! I'm very happy to hear that you took advantage of our local attractions. Please come back and see us next time you attend a show at Red Rocks!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a typical, clean Candlewood Suites, designed to offer minimal service to people staying several days, and at a lower cost than similar hotels offering more services. For example, this hotel offers no breakfast, nor a business center, and only limited maid service for stays of more than one night. Each "suite" is well designed yet very compact, Each suite has a fully equipped small kitchen and a single queen sized bed.

The hotel's main advantage may be its location if you need a place to stay in the immediate area. And the hotel offers free washers and dryers.
Another advantage is that the hotel is part of the group that includes Holiday Inns, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites as well as other related brands, and this hotel often requires a minimum number of reward points to get the room on a complimentary basis. However, other much better hotels in the same program are nearby and offer more complete services, often in the same price range.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Florida-IaTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,