Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sheri's Motel(Lakewood)
View Hotel
All reviewsan extended stay hotelwashers and dryersfront deskstocked pantrystaying long termcooking facilitieslending lockerpots pansnice kitchenetteking sizefull kitchenhonor systemtv channelsstayed here for one nightlaundry roomfirst floorwould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Candlewood Suites after a recent concert at Red Rocks. While not fancy by any stretch, there were a surprising number of amenities and the bed was very comfortable. Free internet, free parking and a kitchen in the room made it even better!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jackie O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

How wonderful to hear that you were able to take advantage of one of our local attractions! We may not be "fancy", but do provide many of the free items that guests enjoy. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable bed. We look forward to serving you again real soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We chose this hotel based on other trip advisor reviews and the location. The room was spotless with plenty of room for the four adults. We didn't use the well stocked kitchen with full appliances but others might find it handy. We only stayed two nights but this would be a great place for an extended stay. We asked for and received a couple of extra pillows. You have to exchange linens and towels at the desk if you want clean ones more than once a week. I need a clean towel every day! The staff was VERY helpful and even printed out our boarding passes the night before we flew out. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Our housekeeping staff is very detailed and hardworking, so we're excited that you found your room SPOTLESS! Thank you for sharing your kind comments about our helpful staff at the front desk too. I will be sure to relay your comments, and can't wait for you to return!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

A very decent place for the professional traveler, business person, or anyone needing the comforts of home. Great for longer term stays.
When I opened the door to my suite, I said to myself, "I could live here"
Very comfortable and spacious, with plenty of room to lay out your work.
A little kitchen , perfect putting in a few essentials to have on hand, and not always having to go out for eating .
With a comfy recliner and a nice flat screen TV- and a beverage & snack, what else could ya ask for.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Please do come back and live with us! Many of our guests stay with us for months and love it here! We are also happy to host guests for just a night or two. We are so very happy to hear that you found that your Suite met your needs, and are ready to serve you upon your return!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed for five nights while my husband attended a conference at NREL. The location was a little hard to find, as we arrived at night and the hotel is set back from the street. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable. It had a queen bed with a great mattress, though the pillows were a little soft. There was a nice large desk in the room with many easy-to-access electrical outlets. It also had a recliner. The full sized refrigerator and microwave in the room are a bonus.

There is a "cupboard" where you can buy basic breakfast and snack food. Prices are high, but it was helpful to us because of our late arrival. I'd suggest going to the SuperTarget or another store to buy provisions instead. Laundry facilities and barbecue area are also available to guests.

We did experience problems with our A/C unit. The wall thermostat didn't work properly and after repeated attempts to fix it, the maintenance guy finally disabled the unit and gave us control at the unit with the fan and temperature controls. Staff was responsive to our concerns, but it took a few attempts to get it right. The operations manager wrote a personal note of apology to us and gave us a gift card to a national restaurant, which was unexpected but appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed and candid response! It sounds like our team took good care of you, and I will let them know about your nice comments. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed so many amenities in your Suite. I do apologize that your pillow was too soft! We have been working on putting different pillows in our rooms so you'll have a pillow just right for you. Our staff met and discussed how to respond to AC concerns the first time. We hope you will come back and see us during your next NREL conference!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I checked in to my room and was immediately greeted with a horrible smell. The staff was sympathetic to my problem and were willing to relocate me the following night, since there were no other rooms available. When I went down to check on my new room they said that they were not able to relocate me because they still had no rooms available, even though they said that they had a room saved for me the previous night. They put an ionizer in my room when I was gone which made the room smell like bleach. However, they were able to find me another room the following day which was 100% better. No smell at all. My only complaint now is that the TV is extremely dim and there is no option in the menu to adjust the brightness. It's a Panasonic hospitality tv so the menu options are limited. I had someone at the front desk look at it and he seemed surprise. The only way to make out what is on tv is to turn off all of the lights and close the blinds. Hopefully they will get this fixed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kerry M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Kerry M,