“A restaurant that makes you FEEL like a Better Person”
Review of Shorty Lu's Diner - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shorty Lu's Diner
Cuisines: American
Golden, Colorado
“A restaurant that makes you FEEL like a Better Person”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Shorty Lu's is not just a dinner with good food, and cheaper than cheap prices........Look at the art on the walls. I was there for breakfast yesterday, and talked to a few of the "regulars"......One guy said he eats there for breakfast up to 6x a week!!! Again, good food, cheap prices. The thing that sets this place apart from anywhere else, is the owner. A humble man in the back cooking away. He bought this place, after the owner fired him!! Here though is something that is so OVERLOOKED....check out the art on the walls. I saw a neon, cow skull, with decoration on it so off the charts.........I asked if it was for sale. Turns out the cook/owner is the artist. He show cases other artists, but the piece I bought is one in a million. What incredible talent, that this wonderful man has. ......Don't miss this place.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank valentine55_11

Denver
“Best burritos in colorado”
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Its like being part of the family, You cant miss out on the best burritos in colorado There are many menuse choices and Friendly service

golden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worst place ever”
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Terrible.
First off, the place needs a deep cleaning. Seriously. Second, I went in on my lunch break on a weekday to find the place surprisingly empty for being 11:30 or so. I was told to sit anywhere, which i did. Then i waited. And waited. Finally i had a waitress come over and greet me and apoligized for the wait, stating "her bladder couldn't hold it anymore. But don't worry, I washed my hands"... GROSS. We all bow down to nature, but we don't need to talk about it.
Needless to say, it didn't get any better. She reached over me to grab something and apoligized for sticking her armpit in my face.. her words exactly. Horrible.

1 Thank lucy101Golden
lakewood
“best breakfast in golden”
Reviewed 10 March 2009

breakfast burritos are the best I ever tasted. The staff and owners made me feel like one of the family.