We just got home from our week at the Drowsy Water Ranch. Our kids are still teary-eyed and begging to go back next year.
Our western style cabin was quaint, very clean, well appointed, and appropriately up to date. This is not a luxury resort, but quite comfortable and well suited.
The Fosha family (owners) and all the staff we just outstanding. As intended, we really felt like part of the ranch family. The wait staff, housekeepers, kids counselors (Emily rocks), and horse wranglers all provided a highly personal touch.
The horses on the ranch are not the zombie horses that we had been used to on the trail rides we had taken before. This was an opportunity and adventure for our family to really learn to ride. There was some apprehensiveness in our family (horses are big!), but the outstanding wranglers (thanx Tanner, Nick, and Ellen) did a fantastic job in teaching and supporting our kids and the rides.
I expected alot of family time, which we got. But we also had a great time with the other guests on the ranch. There wasn't as much down time as expected - besides the trial rides, we also did mountain biking, rafting the Colorado River, hay rides, western/square dancing, cattle herding, fishing in the trout pond, and the infamous talent show, Every day and nite was active. Wife and I did take a night off by ourselves to just enjoy the swing on our cabin porch.
If don't mind getting a little dusty in the beautiful Colorado mountains and are looking for a great horse/ranch experience, I would highly recommend the DWR - just don't take cabin #2, that will be ours!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our dude ranch is totally committed to bringing guests into the beautiful Colorado Mountains in a friendly, clean authentic western ranch environment for families, singles and couples. We take extreme pride in our programs and genuine hospitality!! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Drowsy Water Ranch Hotel Granby
- Drowsy Water Hotel
- Drowsy Water Resort All Inclusive
- Drowsy Water Ranch Colorado/Granby