My husband and I went to Drowsy Water Ranch for Adults Only Week in August 2009. This was our first experience at a Dude Ranch. I have significant riding experience, but my husband had none. This vacation was the most beautiful adventure of our lives. We have been on vacations all over the world, from Hawaii to Europe to the Carribean, so who knew that right here in the continental US we would find the best vacation! The Foscha family is the main reason that the vacation was so spectacular - they are real live cowboys and cowgirls that work from sun up to sun down to provide every guest with the absolute best experience ever. The cabins were authentic and spacious, the homemade cooking was absolutely divine and plentiful, the horses were well trained and spunky no matter what your riding experience (you are specifically paired with the right horse for the entire stay), and the activities were varied and exciting (must do's are the breakfast ride on mountain top, cattle penning, campfire songs around the fire with s'mores). We are already planning a return trip once our two children are a few years older so that they can take advantage of the kids programs. These memories will last us a lifetime - thank you Foscha Family!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our dude ranch is totally committed to bringing guests into the beautiful Colorado Mountains in a friendly, clean authentic western ranch environment for families, singles and couples. We take extreme pride in our programs and genuine hospitality!! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Drowsy Water Ranch Hotel Granby
- Drowsy Water Hotel
- Drowsy Water Resort All Inclusive
- Drowsy Water Ranch Colorado/Granby