“Best Dude ranch ever”
Review of Drowsy Water Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Granby
Drowsy Water Ranch
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Granby
Vero Beach
“Best Dude ranch ever”
Reviewed 18 March 2010

We have been returning for 10 years. Many vacation destinations, but this is our favorite. Great for adults and families with teenagers and small children. Amazing staff and scenery. Somewhat small with 30-50 guests, so by the end of the week one big happy family with other guests and staff. So many planned and optional activities, we now stay for 2 weeks not to miss anything. Typical for several guests, adult and children, to cry after the farewell picnic at the end of the week.

1 Thank missemm2

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Broomfield, CO
Reviewed 7 March 2010

The first time I took my son he was 3. He loved it so much that he cried all the way home and could not understand why vacations have to be over. We have returned several times since, sometimes with other parts of our extended family. Whether you come once or are a repeat dude rancher a great time is always had by all. The staff takes the time to get to know you and everyone feels extremely welcomed.
Each year I witness a remarkable development in the kids at Drowsy Water Ranch, whether teens or pre-teens. Being outdoors, riding horseback, exploring and the other activities bring growths in maturity and self confidence - this is so much fun to see.
I lead a stressful business life and look forward to the slower pace and fresh air and I let the office know that I am out of cell phone/internet range for the week (though if you really wanted, you could drive to a nearby town - please don't).
One of my son's favorite activities is catching a trout from the pond that they cook for my breakfast. Now that he is an old pro at age 10, he helps the other kids learn to fish.
One other thing I have not seen mentioned in the reviews are the wild flowers. There are Columbines galore, wild roses, lupine, arnica, strawberries, Oregon grape, fairy trumpets, and many, many more. I have even found small orchids when I went exploring in the woods.

texas
Reviewed 15 February 2010

This was our 2nd visit to the Ranch and they once again exceeded our expectations!!
Our kids were older and (12 and 14) but the folks at DWR still managed to keep everyone entertained and relaxed!!!
We are always feel like part of the family and everyone gets along so well. It is almost like the other families are prescreened to all get along so well and enjoy each other!
You can do as little or as much as you want, your choice. Horses are great- always feel at home! (no phones/tvs or newspapers or computers.....can you imagine it??/ was great!)
Thanks for a great vacation!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 4 February 2010

My family and I started visiting Drowsy Water in 1996 all the way from London, England. We enjoyed the holiday so much we decided to visit every other year and haven't looked back. In total we have been 7 times and my brother and I also brought our spouses along last year!
Everyone is so friendly, the kids programme is the best, the horses are a joy to ride and the whole experience is a dream come true.

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 January 2010

Took our family, 6 adults and 2 children (8 & 5) for a week. Can't add anymore to what has been said except the children's program is the best. The 2 little boys would run out of the cabin in the mornings to join their groups or children on the playground. We saw them for meals only! We stayed in the lodge which allowed us to interact with 2 other families during downtime. This is the best family vacation and Drowsy Water Ranch is tops.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank klray
Rhode Island
Reviewed 30 December 2009

My wife and I had a great week at Drowsy Water. The rooms and cabins were older but extremely clean and comfortable. The cabin we were in had a wood stove in the living room that made it very cozy and a swing on the porch that was well received at the end of the day's ride. The cabin was cleaned and fresh linen provided on a daily basis. The meals were sit down and the food was excellent with mostly down home type of cooking but several nights it was a more upscale dinner. They served a large and excellent breakfast every morning that changed from day to day (I highly recommend that you try the cinnamon buns). The family and the staff were very friendly, helpful and accomodating. The ranch's riding program was extremely well organized with personable and knowledgible wranglers that went out of their way to insure that everyone, no matter what your riding skills were, enjoyed themselves. The horses were well broke and in excellent condition that were matched to the rider's skill level. They divided the riders based on riding levels that provided the more advanced riders with a great riding experience. Being an Easterner, it was a nice chance to see the beauty of Colorado's great outdoors. They offered other activities that I did not take advantage of since I was there to get as much riding in that I could. Every evening there was a planned activity (guitar music and singing by the campfire, a country dance and a very enjoyable staff show). I guess the best compliment that you can provide a facility is that we have already book our return to the ranch for September, 2010. As you can tell, we truely enjoyed our Drowsy Water Ranch experience. Looking forward to our return.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BobandLindaT
Ashland, OR
Reviewed 5 December 2009

My extended family (9, including 4 grandkids from 9 to 16) returned to DWR for the third time. We love the family atmosphere, the warm welcome, the outstanding service of the staff and above all, the Foshas. The cabins and rooms are clean and comfy. The meals are great. And the horses are just wonderful. Everyone of us got the perfectly matched horse for his or her abilities, from beginners to experienced riders.
Nothing can top the rides in the mountains, such as the Thursday morning breakfast after a 30 minute ride up to a ridge overlooking the valley. We enjoyed rafting on the Colorado, soaking in one of the 20 + pools of Sulphur Springs. Nobody missed TV, newpapers, or cell phones. The kids loved the hay ride, the square dance and especially the carnival. The cattle penning or kids rodeo are outstanding experiences and just plain fun.
We are planning on returning in 2010 and are looking forward to relaxation, enjoyment and meeting friends.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank UdoGo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Gateway Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fraser - Winter Park Area
Wild Horse Inn
Wild Horse Inn
#2 of 3 in Fraser

Been to Drowsy Water Ranch? Share your experiences!